Good Restoration Ship in Ohio?

HarleySoftailer

I'm starting to plan out the restoration of my 1947 Continental Coupe. Does anyone know of / have first hand experience with any good restoration shops in Ohio? Central Ohio (Columbus) would be best, but I'm looking for someone who knows the engine and does good work, not someone who's simply close to home.

I am not looking for a Pebble Beach restoration and I already have an outstanding paint man and interior shop at my disposal. What I'm looking for is someone who can clean up and tune up the entire engine, go through all the electrical systems, get the dash gauges restored and then get everything put back together all nice and pretty.

My '47 is going to be a touring car first. And if I happen to park inside the ropes at a concours - fine. But I'm not interested in collecting trohpies nearly as much as I'm interested in collecting miles. So somebody who can make necessary modifications to the car so that it can handle long-distance touring, without sacrificing the originality of the car would be a plus.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Andy.

Contact Rick in Dayton at (937)271-9502. He is more than capable of doing the work you want. Based on his work load, I would be surprised if he can get you in quickly. You should go to his shop to view the projects he is working on. One of his current projects is modifying a 1912 Packard to be used for long distance touring and has hidden the modifications except the turn signals.

Yup. Rick's a good guy.

Or if he's too busy, try Aldrich Restorations, just a few blocks away.

Pat or Leah Aldrich

937-222-3633

D&D in Covington is probably one of the best in Ohio, but it seems like they've always got a shop full of cars heading to Pebble Beach. $$ You do get what you pay for here, though.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Guys. I spoke with D&D today and they are doing two Lincolns right now and really seem to know the car very well. Plus I've seen their work go across the ramp at Pebble Beach and that speaks for itself.

I'm going to Covington next week to check out the shop and it looks like they'll be doing all the engine, brake and transmission work on my '47.

Thanks for the info.