rear a/c/brkt on 65 rivi gs

arnulfo de l.a.

I bought rear a/c brkt for my 65 rivi gs. its used and im pretty sure it the right brkt for my car. all the mounting holes on the back of the compressor lined up including the one on the head. the hole for the intake manifold is about 3/4"off.not quite long enough. anyone got any ideas? the arm that mounts to the intake manifold is off center as it shoud be to accomadate the dual quads and the brkt clears the valve covers.

What about the part of the bracket that bolts to the stud on the lower head bolt? Unless it's held down by both the intake manifold bolt and the bolt that goes on the stud of the head bolt, it won't be firm enough to hold the back of the compressor.

Ed

problem solved! its been so long since i wrenched on one of these fine american classics that i had forgotten that not everything is going to fit perfectly and slip right into place.i had to do a little coaxing and massaging but i got it in without stripping any of the original mounting bolts or reaming any of the holes .it sure makes a difference as far as steadying that compressor. arnulfo