AACA TOURS

smile.gif" border="0 I am trying to get our Region interested in hosting an AACA Tour in the future. Where do I find the requirements for a National, Divisional, Founders, etc. Tour?<P>Also, what dates are available for the various Tours? confused.gif" border="0<P>Can you limit the number of entries? What constraints does the AACA place on the host Region? rolleyes.gif" border="0 <P>Any help would be greatly appreciated! tongue.gif" border="0 <P>Thanks in advance...... grin.gif" border="0

smile.gif" border="0 Thanks for the info so far. I was hoping someone would tell me that the "Policies & Procedures Manual" can be found on the AACA homepage. The Judging Manual is there, why not have the Policies & Procedures there also? confused.gif" border="0 It would save a lot of postage mailing out copies to those of us who don't really need a whole copy.<P>I'll wait a little longer, hoping that Terry Bond will supply the future dates available. grin.gif" border="0<P>While I'm waiting, how about some of you involved in hosting various tours sharing your stories? What went right? What went wrong? I'm sure there are some interesting (humorous?) stories out there! wink.gif" border="0 <P>Thanks again...<p>[ 08-01-2001: Message edited by: fordee9r ]

Hi Ron, good to hear of your interest in touring, you are in a super area and I expect there would be a lot of interest - so much history, and some wonderful old car folks too! <P>There are plenty of open dates for tours, depends really on when you are interested (year) and what kind of tour. Please e-mail me separately with your mailing address and I'll send you a package of material with a listing of scheduled events, info on touring, the appropriate sections from the PPM, and once you've had a chance to read over it all, get back w/me and we'll talk further. Tours are not difficult, plenty of fun and increasing in popularity.<P>I like your suggestion of getting the PPM on line, but its a pretty lengthy document and there is probably much more there than anyone wants to wade through to get a few simple ? answered. We have an exhibitors brochure that answers most questions about national meets, and Im nearly finished with a companion brochure which describes AACA's tours, how to participate and what to expect. It'll be out later in the year, and Im going to see about getting both of those documents on the web. <P>Your idea about sharing our knowledge and experience is great too - in fact Ive picked up seminar info, etc. from this DF so anything we get here could help us with some fine tuning. I know there are several past tour chairpersons who monitor the forum, so I also want to encourage those thoughts and ideas.

smile.gif" border="0 Thanks Terry... I knew you would come through with the technical info I am looking for! grin.gif" border="0 <P>Now for the interesting stories behind the scenes of past tours. rolleyes.gif" border="0 Read the story in the Summer 2001 "Rummage Box" about the Westchester Region's experience in planning a tour. Can anyone come close to topping that story? confused.gif" border="0 <P>It's about time for a thread that is light-hearted and fun for everyone to read. Please share your stories!<P>Thanks....

That story in the Rummage Box about the Westchester Region came from the first AACA magazine I ever received (in 1962). I was 23 at the time. I was looking for something else and fell across it and thought it was amusing (bet it wasn't amusing at the time smile.gif" border="0.<P>I was Chairman of the 2001 Eastern Divisional "Sentimental Tour" May 20-23 and you can read about that on the lead page. Do it soon, as the report is getting old and may need to be pulled down soon.<P>Finally, for anyone who attended this Tour and bought a J.C. Taylor video. That video is still in progress. I have not seen the proof copy yet myself. I think the video man said September. I hope so since people are asking me. Anyway, if you're wondering, go to <A HREF="http://www.image-associates.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.image-associates.com</A> to follow progress on the making of the video. It will be a professional job I'm sure, like anything else J.C. Taylor puts its name to.<p>[ 08-05-2001: Message edited by: Dynaflash8 ]