Ronny Cnudde

1903 - Pabian Motorcar

In our classic car collection we have a “Pabian” motorcar. We are now trying to reconstruct the car and the history of the particular motorcar.

We have find on the internet the family history of the John Pabian Sr.

What we have found on the history of the car: (not much)

Pabian (US) c. 1903

Bob Pabian, Prague, Nebraska

This was a small car with single-cylinder engine mounted under the seat, 2-speed gearbox and single-chain drive. Probably only one was made, which still exists. Dates 1897, its appearance is clearly that of a car several years younger, with frontal bonnet and equal-sized wheels.

Written by Nick Georgano in “The Beaulieu Encyclopedia of the Automobile”

The cars of Nebraska by Curt McConnell

(The horseless Carriage Gazette (Nov Dec 1987))

In 1897 Bob Pabian of Prague built “a one cylinder vehicle with a maximum speed of 15 mph and a thirst for a quart of oil every two miles.” According to one in a series of historical sketches Miller and Paine department stores ran during its centennial celebration in 1980.

Is there somebody who has more information about this car. Some technical specs.

Ronny Cnudde

Historical Research

Autocollectie Y. Mahy

Belgium

On 4/8/2008 at 11:23 AM, Ronny Cnudde said:

In our classic car collection we have a “Pabian” motorcar. We are now trying to reconstruct the car and the history of the particular motorcar.

We have find on the internet the family history of the John Pabian Sr.

What we have found on the history of the car: (not much)

Pabian (US) c. 1903

Bob Pabian, Prague, Nebraska

This was a small car with single-cylinder engine mounted under the seat, 2-speed gearbox and single-chain drive. Probably only one was made, which still exists. Dates 1897, its appearance is clearly that of a car several years younger, with frontal bonnet and equal-sized wheels.

Written by Nick Georgano in “The Beaulieu Encyclopedia of the Automobile”

The cars of Nebraska by Curt McConnell

(The horseless Carriage Gazette (Nov Dec 1987))

In 1897 Bob Pabian of Prague built “a one cylinder vehicle with a maximum speed of 15 mph and a thirst for a quart of oil every two miles.” According to one in a series of historical sketches Miller and Paine department stores ran during its centennial celebration in 1980.

Is there somebody who has more information about this car. Some technical specs.

Ronny Cnudde

Historical Research

Autocollectie Y. Mahy

Belgium

Hello,

My name is Kaitlyn. I am the great great great great granddaughter of Bob Pabian (on my mother's mother's side). My family and I are glad to hear that the Pabian Car is still around. The knowledge we have of the car is very limited, but because we are currently researching our family history, we are hoping to stumble across more information. I am not sure if you are aware, but the Pabians had built a race car as well as the Pabian Car. Unfortunately, we do not know what ever happened to the race car. I have a couple photographs of the race car (including a photo of someone sitting inside the car, which I would need to scan), as well as a color photo of the Pabian Car if you would be interested.

13319905_10205057528996773_2784082120901547105_n.jpg13339567_10205057528876770_8533880198357928111_n.jpg

The Race Car appears to be a Model T Ford Speedster

On 6/18/2016 at 11:44 PM, CarlLaFong said:

The Race Car appears to be a Model T Ford Speedster

All we know is that my great great great great grandfather built it, along with the Pabian Car, in the early 1900's.

My name is Shanda, I am a relative as well, I have some information, not much . I would love to discuss this.