Help needed with research of Buick's marketing of Reatta

I am working on a case study for a class regarding the Buick Reatta. Does anyone have any insight and/or web pages that discuss Buick's marketing strategy for the Reatta. Specifically, I am looking for anything regarding the market research that was conducted, marketplace positioning of the Reatta, any inside information about Buick's marketing department at the time and in general, why Buick failed at marketing the Reatta? <BR>Thank you in advance for all the help you can provide!<P>[ 06-22-2002: Message edited by: reattafever ]<p>[ 06-22-2002: Message edited by: reattafever ]

If anyone has a Buick Product or Selling Manual, they have the market share pie chart and some other info for the Reatta and other Buicks.<P>I will not be home until 7/16 to access the info.

Rawja, thank you for the link. That is extremely helpful to me. I am still looking for more specifics such as the market research that Buick before introducing the Reatta and some insights regarding why they did not succeed at marketing the Reatta. Even personal opinions from Reatta owners would be helpful. Thank you again!

Please read "reattafevers" last post above- if you don't have or can provide any factual information she would appreciate personal opinions as well-her case study paper for school is due in two days..............<P>thx!<P>P.S. She may share her completed paper !<p>[ 06-23-2002: Message edited by: Nic Walker ]

Guest dperras

There was an academic text out in 1991 that had a case study (10-15 pgs) on the Reatta, titled "Advanced Marketing Strategy", by Urban and Starr (MIT), I thik the publisher was Prentice-Hall but you could probably get reprints from the MIT University Press, or a college library might have a copy of the book. I had a copy once but can't seem to find it. <P>IMHO, if you do some searches on this board and you'll find more poingant insight than you'd get in the case study...though it was a good primer.<P>Are you doing this for a marketing class? <P>Also, Motor Trend did a review and then an editorial on why the car was discontinued.