-93 Park Avenue starting problem

Guest Two Roadmasters

Guest Two Roadmasters

Hi,

after four months winterrest my friends car refuses to start. It performed with no problem when parked for the winter season but now there is no tendency of a spark at all. Can someone in this excellent forum give me some step by step proposals on how to find out why the spark has gone, I mean electrical connection to check, possible relays or electric indicators connected to the ignition system. Any hints are highly appreciated.

I recommend taking the coil packs off and cleaning the contacts. Then remove the spark control module and clean the bottom bracket. If you have the two piece bracket take that apart too and clean inbetween the pieces of bracket.

I also recommend you check with an electrical hardware store for this gel they sell which retards the corosion on aluminum, abd put a thin layer in between all the parts while reassembling.

Roughly 2 hrs of work here for the cost of a piece of fine grit sandpaper and that electricians gel.

Guest Two Roadmasters

My friend followed your advice and took off the coil package with its bracket. He took the parts inside to a warmer place than his concrete garage, took off the coils and cleaned all contact areas and the bracket. He penetrated the areas with anticorosion spray, remounted the unit in the car and..... It fired right up!!!

Thanks for your advice, this type of help is why I enjoy BCA so much.

Mats