For Sale: NOS ventian Blinds...still in box.... LOOK!

Guest SHORTDOG99

Guest SHORTDOG99

Up For Sale is this set of NOS Venetian Blinds. These have never been mounted or outside of box. These blinds are the perfect additon to any restoration. One of the Hardest to Find Accessories! Unlike some other blinds you will find, These blinds were made in the USA by ALLSTATE and already come assembled, avoid the hours of frustration trying to find all the pieces and put them together. They are ready to install, just snap them in! Complete with copy of instruction sheet. They measure approx. 32" across at the widest point and 12 1/2" high, top to bottom on the installation bars. A great gift for anyone with a Classic Car! These Blinds were made to fit these years and models and possibly other interchangable models and years...

<span style="font-weight: bold">1937-48 Ford 2-door, 4-door & Club Coupe

1937-48 Lincoln 2-door

1937-39, 1941-48 Lincoln 4-door

1939 & 1941-48 Lincoln Club Coupe and 1937-39 Lincoln Business Coupe

1939-48 Mercury 2-door, 4-door & Club Coupe </span>

h259b.jpg

h259c.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">I only have 3 sets left and i am aksing $600. each set + shiping so if you are interested e-mail me at: shrtdog99@yahoo.com </span>

Hi Robert,

Whoever made up the specifications for these blinds apparently wasn't aware of the different configurations of rear windows in pre-war Fords, Mercurys and Lincolns.

Oddly enough, all of these cars used the SAME rear window, so these blinds will fit any and all of these cars.

---------------------------------------------------------

1941-48 Ford 2-door, 4-door & Club Coupe

1940-48 Lincoln 2-door

1940-48 Lincoln 4-door

1940-48 Lincoln Club Coupe and 1940-41 Lincoln Business Coupe

1941-48 Mercury 2-door, 4-door & Club Coupe

--------------------------------------------------------

1937-40 Fords, 1936-39 Zephyrs and 1939-40 Mercurys had split rear windows. The blinds might work but they would probably look funny.

By the way. there were NO 1937-38 Mercurys.

Guest SHORTDOG99

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil Knapp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Robert,

Whoever made up the specifications for these blinds apparently wasn't aware of the different configurations of rear windows in pre-war Fords, Mercurys and Lincolns.

Oddly enough, all of these cars used the SAME rear window, so these blinds will fit any and all of these cars.

---------------------------------------------------------

1941-48 Ford 2-door, 4-door & Club Coupe

1940-48 Lincoln 2-door

1940-48 Lincoln 4-door

1940-48 Lincoln Club Coupe and 1940-41 Lincoln Business Coupe

1941-48 Mercury 2-door, 4-door & Club Coupe

--------------------------------------------------------

1937-40 Fords, 1936-39 Zephyrs and 1939-40 Mercurys had split rear windows. The blinds might work but they would probably look funny.

By the way. there were NO 1937-38 Mercurys.

</div></div>

Thank You for bringing the (37 Merc)Typo to my attention...I have now corrected that. I am just going by what is labeled on the box, I did not make up these specs and yes like i said, they will fit all those years and maybe some others. As far as split windows go, i guess they will fit but it's a personal Opinion on how they look.

Guest SHORTDOG99

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: V12Bill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just your uninformed trying to get rich quick. </div></div>

If you are not interested or just can't afford it then move on! I don't need your stupid comments about being uninformed....I am going exactly by the label that is on the box itself!...

Guest SHORTDOG99

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: simplyconnected</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shouldn't blinds be black so you can see THROUGH them? </div></div>

It is printed on the box that these blinds were painted in a nuetral color to both block out sunlight but match the cars interior.

Hi Robert,

I didn't think you made up the specs for these blinds. The manufacturers (or marketers) are usually a bit enthusiastic about their specs, trying to cast as wide a net as possible without careful investigation of the absolute dimensions of their target vehicle(s). Sears (Allstate) was one of the biggest marketers of this type of accessory (after J. C. Whitney).

These are indeed, an unusual accessory. I don't think I have ever seen them installed in any early Ford, Mercury, or Lincoln. I do seem to remember seeing them in some Plymouths or Chevys a LONG time ago!

Probably an interesting conversation piece for a "period" restoration. Would fit right in with ZOOT suits, lighted fender markers, curb feelers, and mud flaps with lights on them! Of course, our Lincolns already have fender skirts.

No offense intended!