Only about two weeks to register, are you going?? Has the price of gas made you change your mind?? Looks like I will only take one car this time,if the price of fuel gets much higher I might have to sleep in it. Hope the judge understands foot prints on the dash. Whats the latest count of registered vech.?? GoD willing an the creeks dont rise see you there. Dick

Only about two weeks to register, are you going?? Has the price of gas made you change your mind?? Looks like I will only take one car this time,if the price of fuel gets much higher I might have to sleep in it. Hope the judge understands foot prints on the dash. Whats the latest count of registered vech.?? GoD willing an the creeks dont rise see you there. Dick

Bob you will be class 27a right?? I have to see that car.Returning to the states in 1961 I bought a 58 Ford. Bigest P O S I ever owned. Drove it to VA. put the top down and swaped it for a 55 Buick 4dr.Funny thing, I met the car dealer a week or so later and he wouldnt evan talk to me.

Bob you will be class 27a right?? I have to see that car.Returning to the states in 1961 I bought a 58 Ford. Bigest P O S I ever owned. Drove it to VA. put the top down and swaped it for a 55 Buick 4dr.Funny thing, I met the car dealer a week or so later and he wouldnt evan talk to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pamela and I are plannng to be there with our '12 Maxwell. It's been four years since we've had her at an AACA meet, so it's time to let her out and have some fun</div></div>Pamela is a nice lady, you shouldn't have kept her in for the last four years laugh.giflaugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We'll be in "used" clothes</div></div>Used cars, used clothes.... It's time for Danny to give you a raise so that you can afford some new stuff grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

But knowing how every day you get Danny's best, and being a resident 315'er, I'm sure that your financial strain that is causing you to buy used clothes and cars was due to the fact that you had to have those deluxe limited edition Yosemete Sam mudflaps on your pickup, in addition to installing air horns, nude lady metalflake decals with the chrome plated gun rack mounted inside. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Can't resist the chance to pick on a neighboring region president wink.gifwink.gifgrin.gif

OK David, just don't plan on ganging up with Steve to go after me for picking on the 315'ers both past and present. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

You're a southerner, and 315 ways of doing things are normal down there grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Or was being a 315'er a pre-requisite for moving down there??? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I've never seen the application laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifwink.gif

- Just for the rest of the folks here on the forum, I'm not picking on southerners. Up here in New York there is a certain 'stigma' and an inside joke for 315'ers.

Pat I dont know where you get 315 ways, everyone knows there are only 4 ways. Wrong,right the army way and my way. Its simple. For those that havent goten a room at Cumberland yet I got one this morning at the red roof. $97.00 for Fri. night.They had 4 rooms left. Wayne im sorry you missed a free drink, maby you could get a rain check for next time. Just trying to be helpfull. I cleaned the dash, dont look for foot prints.

Forgot to mention I also sent my five bucks to Dave this morning,I will let moma show the car and keep my b29 mouth shut. I hope to judge 27 ???. Map says 305 miles one way. Should take 6 hrs., but ill plan on eight dont know why but im realy looking forward to the show. Watch some *****###&&** mess the week end up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont know where you get 315 ways, everyone knows there are only 4 ways. Wrong,right the army way and my way</div></div>You're right about your four ways, but the 315'er ways is kind of a hidden joke between Steve, David and I.

You're too far south to understand.. wink.gifwink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're too far south to understand.. </div></div>

Hey Pat?

...And if you have to explain it to him, you'd have to kill him???? crazy.gifgrin.gif

Wayne

I work on the car when I go home from work. whistle.gif

It will be done if the parts are here in time. Since there is a 243 acre lake alongside this meet lets you and I take the Amphicar in for the seasons 1st dip. I need to check out the bilge pumps, doors and door seals for leaks since all are new. It is much more enjoyable when you can scare the $@#% out of someone that hasn't experienced vehicular buoyancy. smirk.gif

This is a non motor allowed lake however maybe the meet chairman can get permission from someone to let us give it a go, besides the motor is internal with nothing bad going in the water.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ron Green</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I need to check out the bilge pumps, doors and door seals for leaks since all are new. It is much more enjoyable when you can scare the $@#% out of someone that hasn't experienced vehicular buoyancy. smirk.gif</div></div>

Ron,

Do you by chance hand new passengers a BIG bucket and say to them "just in case we take on a little water"??? laugh.gif

I'd like one of those rides, Ron. I'll bring my shotgun and have someone stand on shore in case the cops come.

"Sir, there's a report of an alligator. confused.gif

"Yes sir, I realize it's pretty far north, but we do have the right equipment to check it out." whistle.gifgrin.gif

Charlie, the water (if any) goes in the bilge. The seats sit up a few inches from the bilge covered by a floorboard. If water starts shooting out of the floor shifter cut outs in the floor or you hear the fan blades making a funny noise (hitting water) and your automatic bilge pump didn't kick in the bucket may come in handy.

Wayne, unfortunately I believe they are pretty strict at this lake regarding the no motor rule, we could split the fine. wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ron Green</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Charlie, the water (if any) goes in the bilge. The seats sit up a few inches from the bilge covered by a floorboard. If water starts shooting out of the floor shifter cut outs in the floor or you hear the fan blades making a funny noise (hitting water) and your automatic bilge pump didn't kick in the bucket may come in handy. </div></div>

Ron, thanks for the explanation about how the bilge pumping system works.

In my previous post I thought handing an unsuspecting passenger a big bucket before a ride on a body of water might be amusing (at least for the driver).

After the shock wore off for the passenger, then the driver could explain how the bucket was not needed unless the bilge pump failed.

Ron makeing a deep river crossing with a tracked apv in Germany we always tied an emty canteen to the top with a twenty foot rope,just in case someone forgot to put the plugs in. Might be a good idea with your Amph.

I knew it was to good to be true, two weeks ago gas droped a few pennys. I checked this morning and its up to $3.45 a gal here and $3.59 10 miles away. How much more can they gouge us befor I leave for Cumberland??