vacuum switch for wiper 48 LCC

I am not having a lot of luck with my new toy – in addition to having a missing vacuum antenna I need a Wiper vacuum switch which of course is unique to Continental – does anyone have a vacuum wiper switch for a 1948 Lincoln Continental Coupe that they would be willing to part with? Thanks Harry

What you could do, which would probably be better if you did not care about originality, would be to replace the vacuum wiper system with an electrical/mechanical one for a 6volt, the electric ones run far better, especially when you near a stop sign they, will continue to run unlike vacuum ones, which slow down and stop sometimes.

Thanks Wes – is there a six-volt electrical wiper system that will fit the 48 Continental Coupe without a bunch of modifying? I thought that vacuum tank under the fender is suppose to keep the wipers going while at low vacuum? I want this car to use not to show – but I want it to stay original as much as possible BUT make-sense modifications will occur and if I can find a proper electrical wiper system then I will put it in. Thanks Harry

Thanks Wes – is there a six-volt electrical wiper system that will fit the 48 Continental Coupe without a bunch of modifying? I thought that vacuum tank under the fender is suppose to keep the wipers going while at low vacuum? I want this car to use not to show – but I want it to stay original as much as possible BUT make-sense modifications will occur and if I can find a proper electrical wiper system then I will put it in. Thanks Harry

• 4 weeks later...

I use a 12 volt antenna and it works just fine on 6 volts, about as slow as the vacuum one did, I also changed my vacuum wiper motor to electric with a 6 volt motor from vintage ford, it was for a 48 ford and fit right in, had to madify the pivots a little to get the wipers to sweep like the vacuum ones did. If you still have your vacuum motor try putting 2-3 drops of gear oil in the hole and move the arm back and forth for about 20-30 strokes, it will work and works good, Ive done it to 2 of my cars and they still work after 8 years.