Sign in to follow this  
quadfins

April show in Charlotte

Great Earl, glad to hear it. Now, I'll go back and change that 88 to a 98. blush.gif

I thought that was wrong. crazy.gif

Wayne

Wayne, it was great to sit with you and Mike at the dinner. Thanks for posting the MG pic, Susan was really happy to get the Senior, especially considering we drove it from Norfolk. The trip home was a lot wetter-rain all the way from Durham NC, so we've got some powerhouse cleaning to do before Cumberland.

I need to mention that young Mike is one heck of a guitar player and singer too.

Terry

Terry, I think Mike will have his guitar where ever he goes this year. He hasn't decided about Cumberland yet.

See you and Sue there.

Wayne

Chris, I'm sorry I don't have time to put up more pictures. I came home from Charlotte to find a mailbox full of newsletters to grade. eek.gifsmile.gif

Wayne

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W Burgess</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, that chrome casting is original to all 1955 Nomads. I found the owner's name as Bobby Garrett, but I do not have an address. The winners list will be put up by Pat Buckley before the week is out, I'm sure.

Wayne </div></div>

The Nomad had Tennessee plates on it, with a unique Tennessee-shaped vintage license plate holder on the front.

post-33613-143137977021_thumb.jpg

A guy named Ron Barnett owns this beautiful Marmon. I've GOT to figure out a way to be put on the top of the first refusal list.

post-33613-143137977023_thumb.jpg

post-33613-143137977028_thumb.jpg

As long as all he did was "retained" the check, I'll put as many zeros on it as he wishes. Does it matter if most of the zeros are on the right side of the decimal point?? grin.gif

I've got some photos I need to resize and get posted yet. Hopefully I'll be able to get to them tonight.

That's a good question West. I have no clue how that happened. Dad called me over and told me to look at my avatar and I read the post you put up and then I looked at the picture(Dad got a good laugh haha). I changed my picture which should look like me this time.

Mike, Wayne

Oftentimes when I'm posting a photo, a completely different photo gets placed that I haven't a clue where it comes from (never anything I have on my computer). There's some sort of "bug" in our forum's software I have a feeling.

West, I still have the picture of your brother's Corvette somewhere in my computer. I think Mike probably clicked on the wrong file. wink.gif

Wayne

Pilot error!

Now explain why it seems that 3 out of 5 times when I post a picture, some weird photo from cyberspace gets plugged in. Thankfully (depending on your outlook) something x-rated doesn't pop up.

Charlotte was my first AACA show. Despite the weather I enjoyed it. I enjoyed speaking with the many people who looked at my Volvo. I entered with no expectation of winning. I just wanted to show my car which is one that is rarely seen outside of the vintage Volvo world. Imagine my surprise this afternoon when I received a letter stating I had won a Third Junior trophy! My check will be in the mail tomorrow for the shipping of the trophy. How do I get a copy of the judging results? I am very curious to see how my car did. Thanks and I will be back.

It was a pleasure to meet you and see your car. I was the Team Captain for the team of judges that evaluated your Volvo.

When you get the copy of the judging sheet it will only have the areas highlighted where points were taken off, not the number of points taken off. We are not permitted to do that. Take the sheet and walk around your car and view it as we would have. No points off is that the part/item is "perfect" or so close to perfect that a full point deduction could not be taken. We do not take fractions of points off, only whole points. The total points off in the column for each item is only taken if the item is non-authentic, missing or in such bad shape it cannot be used for it's intended purpose. Anything between those two figures is like very good/good, fair and poor conditon.

Please do keep bringing the car out.