April show in Charlotte

Guest quadfins

Wayne. It was great seeing you again. We have to do it again soon. A little more time to photograph the cars on the showfield in the sunshine would be nice next time.... grin.gif

Not that it really matters, but that is the 5th Preservation Award for my Phaeton.

Guest Moepar

Wayne-

I'm sorely disappointed I didn't get to see you there on Saturday, even though you took a picture of the MG that was parked behind our yellow & black '70 300! YOU WERE THAT CLOSE TO BEING HASSLED!! laugh.gif

I did get to meet Shop Rat & Novaman. That was great.

Next time, Wayne, all I can say is next time.

Dawn

For those members who paid for their banquet meals, but left Charlotte early, Thanks!!! confused.gifwhistle.gif

The dessert is pictured below, and as the kitchen was completely filled with these chocolate cakes.....Come and get it! Yum! Yum!!! cool.gifcool.gif

dessert.jpg

Seriously, I realize the weather wasn't the best in the world, but all of us enjoyed seeing our friends again. Oh, and meeting new ones! grin.gif

Wayne

I'm glad I replaced the trunk gasket on my Chevy II. With the rain we had over night I probably would have needed a bilge pump!! Definatly would have needed it parked nosed down on the show field. Heck, the little drizzle we had would have leak in parked that way w/ the old gasket.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">your sister called me yesterday, to make sure that I got home safely</div></div>What did she call you?? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

We shipped her south a long time ago because we were afraid that she was going to turn out like my mother in-law....

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Thanks for responding to my question about the entrance fee to see the Concord show. Unfortunately, with the weather as bad as it was and the fact that the flue/cold is making its way through my family (first my dad, then my husband, now my mother) I elected to stay put. It rained here in Shelby, NC almost all day and half the evening...but we sure needed the rain, so I won't complain too much.

Aha, a surprise candid picture of old Dynaflash8 with his usual, but not on purpose scowl. Thanks Wayne.

I hope you can all see that WASHINGTON NATIONALS BASEBALL HAT. YEA NATS!!

But Old Dynaflash8 (me) got even with Wayne later in the day by selling him this beautiful low mileage '81 Olds 98 Regency -- which Wayne now has to come to Florida to retrieve! I guess I just couldn't stand being seen in anything but a BUICK!

aHHH, Wayne, she drove back home as beautiful as she drove up to Charlotte.

Wayne, it was great to sit with you and Mike at the dinner. Thanks for posting the MG pic, Susan was really happy to get the Senior, especially considering we drove it from Norfolk. The trip home was a lot wetter-rain all the way from Durham NC, so we've got some powerhouse cleaning to do before Cumberland.

I need to mention that young Mike is one heck of a guitar player and singer too.

Terry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W Burgess</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, that chrome casting is original to all 1955 Nomads. I found the owner's name as Bobby Garrett, but I do not have an address. The winners list will be put up by Pat Buckley before the week is out, I'm sure.

Wayne </div></div>

The Nomad had Tennessee plates on it, with a unique Tennessee-shaped vintage license plate holder on the front.

post-33613-143137977021_thumb.jpg

Guest mike burgess

Hey Terry, I'm glad my elders understand some of the music I play. I appreciate your kind comments.

Guest mike burgess

That's a good question West. I have no clue how that happened. Dad called me over and told me to look at my avatar and I read the post you put up and then I looked at the picture(Dad got a good laugh haha). I changed my picture which should look like me this time.

Charlotte was my first AACA show. Despite the weather I enjoyed it. I enjoyed speaking with the many people who looked at my Volvo. I entered with no expectation of winning. I just wanted to show my car which is one that is rarely seen outside of the vintage Volvo world. Imagine my surprise this afternoon when I received a letter stating I had won a Third Junior trophy! My check will be in the mail tomorrow for the shipping of the trophy. How do I get a copy of the judging results? I am very curious to see how my car did. Thanks and I will be back.

It was a pleasure to meet you and see your car. I was the Team Captain for the team of judges that evaluated your Volvo.

When you get the copy of the judging sheet it will only have the areas highlighted where points were taken off, not the number of points taken off. We are not permitted to do that. Take the sheet and walk around your car and view it as we would have. No points off is that the part/item is "perfect" or so close to perfect that a full point deduction could not be taken. We do not take fractions of points off, only whole points. The total points off in the column for each item is only taken if the item is non-authentic, missing or in such bad shape it cannot be used for it's intended purpose. Anything between those two figures is like very good/good, fair and poor conditon.

Please do keep bringing the car out.

Guest Art Griffin

To answer the question about how you get your judging results, just drop a letter to the VP of Class Judging, Joe Vicini. You should tell him what car you had in the Meet (AACA number, etc.) and ask him to provide a marked up judging sheet showing the areas where points were deducted. AACA provides this service whenever a vehicle <span style="text-decoration: underline">doesn't</span> achieve the award it was competing for (Fist Junior, Senior). Joe's address is:

Joseph Vicini, VP of Class Judging

3 Robins Nest Drive

Perrineville, NJ 08535

We're glad to brougnt you car to the National Meet in Charlotte!

Art Griffin