Sign in to follow this  
quadfins

April show in Charlotte

I am planning for Charlotte. Where will the show field be located? I see on the HNR website the maps indicating vendor and car corral locations, but I would like to get an idea about routes from the host hotel to the show field. I understand it might be quite a busy traffic pattern.

Also, and idea how many cars are registered for the show?

Jim Eccleston

Virginia

The AACA Show is outside the track off turn 2 near the water tower. The show cars and judges parking enter off that side road.

I forgot the number I heard registered, but believe it was something like 400+.

Thanks for the info - this is most helpful. It looks like it is about a mile from the host hotel, Down the main road, a right, then left turn, then turn into the lot. I suppose traffic won't be too bad early Saturday AM.

Jim Eccleston

1961 Coupe de Ville

BATILAC

I had hoped that the AACA show would be inside the speedway along pit road. I attended a Hornet's Nest Region meet there last year and we parked on pit road. Not sure what condition the Red Field is going to be in. Best I remember it was gravel and dirt.

I stand corrected. Just received my registration packet for the Hornet's Nest Region Meet and the show field will not be in the Red Field as I had been told. The show field is in first parking lot on the left as you enter the rear area of the speedway.

I couldn't remember where the red field was other than I knew there was flea market behind the back strech but not sure of the field name. Turn two area back there is fairly unfimilar area. Been there once when I took my car trailer to the AutoFair in hopes of a big find and they parked me there, and that's been better then ten years ago.

I registered my car for the meet. I received my tickets and a map this week. It will be off turn 2. The map shows it between the red field and Morehead Road. The information states the the interior roads are paved but the field is grass. It recommends taking US 49 to Morehead Road. I believe that it is outside the track to allow for a bigger show. They filled the frontstretch grass with additional car clubs. My only concern is that people may not know it is out there. With all the activity on Saturday I would start out early.

Thanks for all the replies and information. I am now wondering about the potential for traffic gridlock. To get from the host hotel to the showfield Saturday morning, is the direct route OK, or will it be better to avoid the potential traffic jam, and go from the hotel, back onto the interstate, and loop around to the Morehead road entrance?

Jim Eccleston

1961 Coupe de Ville

My dilemma....I have reservations at the host hotel. Of course I didn't write down the name of the hotel, even though I have a confirmation number. I tried the Hornets Nest web site, no help.

I also need to know where the judging school is being held and at what time? Don't need much huh? smile.gif

Wayne

My dilemma....I have reservations at the host hotel. Of course I didn't write down the name of the hotel, even though I have a confirmation number. I tried the Hornets Nest web site, no help.

I also need to know where the judging school is being held and at what time? Don't need much huh? smile.gif

Wayne

Hi, Wayne.

Host Hotel:

--Embassy Suites, 5400 John Q. Hammons Dr., N.W., Concord, NC 28027 (Direct phone: 704-455-8200)

--Judging School: Friday, 2-4 p.m. at the Embassy Suites

See all of you there,

Peter J... grin.gif

Hi, Wayne.

Host Hotel:

--Embassy Suites, 5400 John Q. Hammons Dr., N.W., Concord, NC 28027 (Direct phone: 704-455-8200)

--Judging School: Friday, 2-4 p.m. at the Embassy Suites

See all of you there,

Peter J... grin.gif

Thanks Pedro. I was getting a little desperate. Won't be near a computer for a few days. frown.gif

Wayne

Thanks Pedro. I was getting a little desperate. Won't be near a computer for a few days. frown.gif

Wayne

Glad to hear you'll be there Wayne. Shop Rat & I were planning on giving you a hard time there!! crazy.giflaugh.gif

Glad to hear you'll be there Wayne. Shop Rat & I were planning on giving you a hard time there!! crazy.giflaugh.gif

I'll be there. Blue '63 Chevy II in HPOF. Mom will have a light blue '66 Coronet also in HPOF. I'll be judging then taking photos for the newsletter, so won't be around the car much.

I'll be there. Blue '63 Chevy II in HPOF. Mom will have a light blue '66 Coronet also in HPOF. I'll be judging then taking photos for the newsletter, so won't be around the car much.

Dawn, hopefully, Mike and I will arrive around lunchtime tomorrow.

Someone said I needed to go to <span style="font-weight: bold">judges school</span>, so I can tell the difference between the front and the back of these antique cars of ours. crazy.gifgrin.gif

That starts at 2pm, according to Pedro. That's where I'll be, if the creek don't rise. wink.gif

We'll see everyone there.

Wayne

Dawn, hopefully, Mike and I will arrive around lunchtime tomorrow.

Someone said I needed to go to <span style="font-weight: bold">judges school</span>, so I can tell the difference between the front and the back of these antique cars of ours. crazy.gifgrin.gif

That starts at 2pm, according to Pedro. That's where I'll be, if the creek don't rise. wink.gif

We'll see everyone there.

Wayne

Just don't get in the left lane. That is the tail end of the cars entering the Hershey Fall Meet '08 Show.

wink.gif

Just don't get in the left lane. That is the tail end of the cars entering the Hershey Fall Meet '08 Show.

wink.gif

I am new to this forum, and this may not be the appropriate place to ask this question, but I'll try it anyway. I was under the impression that AACA-sanctioned events were free to the public. According to the Charlotte Observer, the show at Lowe's Motor Speedway has a parking fee of $5 per car and an entry fee of $10 per person. Am I wrong about no charge to the public? Are only AACA members supposed to be free? I am completely confused...

Melissa, You're true in the fact that admission to any AACA event is free to the public, although there could and generally will be a parking fee. The show down here in Charlotte tomorrow in actually outside the raceway, so that may be free. The Flea market area is inside the track, so that may be run differently. Either way, $10.00 is cheap for what you'll experience down here.

Wayne

Hi Guys!

I went to the judges school today and I have new information on the new fire extinguisher requirement of UL type 1-A: 5-B:C.

They are giving everyone on the show field tomorrow a grace period of this <span style="font-weight: bold">one meet</span>, to use the old extinguishers. That means no deductions for tomorrow <span style="font-weight: bold">only</span>.

The next AACA Meet will adhere to the new requirements.

No rain so far! smile.gif

Wayne