Where to get a radiator??

I got my original 1956 Chevy radiator recored this year. It's not the original style fins and cooling tubes, which may cause a problem on the show field, but it's a much better radiator now.

Check out your yellow pages.

Wayne

JD recore on my 65 skylark gs 5 years ago was $500. That was as a shop owner.My favorite web site Car-part.com shows two rediators for your car.Dont know if they still have them or not but the call is free. Orient auto 1-877-6631909 LOc.Origon. #2 Hazers Auto & truck 1-800 3436673 Loc. N.D.

US Radiator makes a replacement Chevy radiator that "should" fit in your car pretty easily. A modern core will make a tremendous improvement over the old one, either as a new radiator or by recoring your original.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steve Braverman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you mean by shot? Any radiator shop should be able to re-core it or repair it. 1953 was before the era of disposable radiators with aluminum cores or plastic tanks. </div></div>

Radiator guy said it was "shot". Meaning it would have to be completely redone using some process he used. Cost near $500 but he really didn't seem to want to undertake it. I'm having one made by Superior Radiator as I type.

And thanks for all the other replies. Hadn't been to car-parts.com but it's now on my desktop. Chevy radiators of the same era do not fit (too wide) as I've got a 54 Chevy in my parking lot that i would have swapped it for this need.