two post car lift

Guest oakland

Guest oakland

I have the option to buy a Benwil 2 post car lift that is not asymmetric. Has anyone heard of this brand and do you think that the fact that it is not asymmetric would be a disadvantage? Thank you.

Hey Oakland,

I answered your other post about lifting an x frame car. The lift I just bought is a Benwil. Seems to be ok. I got it used on Craigslist. I think the non asymmetric version might work on your car. My problem on mine is that the short arm is too short. With a symmetrical lift, I would think the second arm would be longer. Have the seller measure the distance (side to side and front to back) of the four pads and then see if they would work for you. My lift is a 7000 lb. lift BTW. Lemme know.

Mike

Guest oakland

Thanks for the info. Mine is the same as yours except for be asymmetrical. It is to arrive this week, so it will be a while before I get it installed and operating. One question you may help me with. How do you know where to place the car so it would be balanced on the lift? I never used a 2 post lift before. I would immagine there is more weight in fromt due to the motor, so it would have to be off center to compensate for this. Thanks

I had never used one either. The guy who set it up had me park with the steering wheel even with the post. I spent about an hour jockeying the car back/ forth and sideways until the arms would (almost) work. Like I said I have to get another set of arms made. I'll post pics in a week or so when I get the arms back/ try not to kill myself.

Mike

Guest oakland

I checked with BendPak about a 2 post lift for a GM "X' frame, and they said that I needed a lift with 3 piece telescoping arms to reach under the car further. I inquire, letting them think that I was interested in purchasing one, just to find out.