Choke heat tube. 65,

geniv

Can someone help, I would like to know what the heat tube from the exhaust manifold to the choke is made of and how it attaches to the manifold. The manifolds I have only have a short copper or brass tube sticking out. could the hole in the manifold be tapped and a piece of tubing run up to the choke. Any other ideas anyone. Thank you in advance.

Barry.

The end of the tube where it attaches to the manifold has a tapered nipple on it; it is a slip fit into the tube coming out of the manifold. Don't tap it; the tube that runs through the manifold has fresh air passing through it. The air in the tube is heated and drawn to the choke. There should also be a rubber line that runs from from a nipple on the air horn of the carburetor to the bottom of the tube built into the exhaust manifold; this creates a circuit for fresh air. I don't know how you'd tap that piece of tubing that sticks out of the manifold. Your best bet might be to look for a good tube or perhaps go the route of the electric choke.

Ed

Thanks Ed for the info I would like to find a complete original tube, or even part of one so I can fabricate something, electric choke would be last resort I want the car to operate as it was intended.I have a working heat riser so thats half the battle.

Regards, Barry.