Console surgery completed/ hidden treasure

Guest Geoff Meador

Guest Geoff Meador

All,<P>Thanks for the advice a while back about entering the console. All worked well without a hitch (partly because the delicate plastic latches on the shifter bezel were ALREADY broken from some unknown previous work).<P>The window control switch was replaced.<P>I found an interesting artifact snuggled against the inside wall of the console, buried underneath the shifter mechanisms.<P>I thought to myself "that thing looks like a decal!"<P>Sure enough, I extracted a brand new (with adhesive backing still intact) "Protected by Stonegate security systems" window decal from the innards of the console.<P>Looks like a worker dropped it in there in 1988 and didn't bother to retrieve it.<P>Gotta love these hand-built cars!<P>Geoff Meador

I had mine apart shortly after getting the car. Found a Verizon phone bill with payment. Do you think Mr. M.... had any conversations with the phone company over that one shocked.gif" border="0 Looked to me like he would put the mail in the gap at the console. Sometimes it didn't make it to the box. tongue.gif" border="0

Guest wally888

Have fun w/ this one!<BR>In one of the 4 Reattas I've purchased, upon cleaning out in and under the consol, I found a business card of a Psychiatrist w/ appointment date.

I found:<BR>1 Blockbuster Video membership card<BR>1 Parking reciept from a beach in Santa Monica<BR>3 toothpicks<BR>a handfull of trident gum wrappers.<P>and some change woo hoo! <BR> tongue.gif" border="0

Guest trofeo73

I think I got you guys beat, when fixing the power ant. in my trofeo, I found a little "baggie" in side the inner fender of the car! There was just some green "residue" that had an easily recogizable smell. Looked like it had been there a while, the water had washed it all out. After throwing it away I stripped the trunk, and looked elseware, wanting to find what else could be hidden in there before someone else did. Found nothing. I wonder if that explains why my car was in a serious accident early in its life. shocked.gif" border="0

WOW a trasure hunt! I can't wait for something to go wrong now, I'm going in tomarrow! <BR>Hey Wally, do you think that appointment card was for one of the crew at the <BR>craft center?<BR> grin.gif" border="0

When I first got my 88 the seat was making crunching noises. Found<BR> <BR>bunch sweet n low packets/toothpicks<BR>tweety bird watch w/missing strap<BR>$100.00 bill -which proved to be moms (she gave me the car)On the up side she told me to keep it! grin.gif" border="0