I bought a lot of parts off ebay - which things on this list sho

Guest n1gzd

Guest n1gzd

I ended up buying that several pallet 50 Buick parts pile that was on ebay for $250. I did not have to pay shipping because the seller delivered it to me.

I have decided that I got my money’s worth if you even only count the grill and bumpers. I also think that having the shocks to send to Apple Hydraulics as a core is good to have.

Here is the list. I am trying to decide what other things to just get rid of either because it is just junk (throw it away or sell it for the lowest price I can to get someone to take it away – $1).

I have ranked this list according to how good it is. Can people tell me if there are items on this list that are hard to find (I should keep it if I ever think that I want it) and which things on the list are junk because they are easily replaceable at a reasonable price?:

1) <span style="font-weight: bold">Front and rear bumpers</span> – very little rust (might scrape off with steel wool), still pretty shiny, a few surface scratches from mishandling – looks much better than the bumpers on my car (but I have an NOS rear bumper already).

2) C<span style="font-weight: bold">omplete front grill assembly</span> (all bolted together). – teeth look about the same as on my car – no rot, some scratches, pretty shiny. Bumper gards have rot in bottom, top part very nice and shiny. Could I use them as a core for Buick Boys?

Includes front parking light lenses and metal trim piece.

3) <span style="font-weight: bold">4 rear shocks, 4 front shocks</span> – can I use these for cores to send to Apple hydraulics so I don’t have to remove mine until I am ready? Is this a good option – the ones on my car look better? – do all of the rebuilt ones (that you can trade yours for) come out looking great – so that it there is no reason not to just exchange?

4) <span style="font-weight: bold">Steering box</span> – looks pretty good – use for core?

5) <span style="font-weight: bold">Harrison Radiator</span> – core looks good, top neck was dented (poor handling). – at least keep for core – don’t know if the neck can be reconditioned.

6) <span style="font-weight: bold">Mustache grill</span> (Buick 8) – pitting, not damaged – could be rechromed.

7) <span style="font-weight: bold">windshield wiper jar</span> (not broken) – complete but corrosion – could clean up pretty well though.

8) <span style="font-weight: bold">exhaust manifold</span> – do these crack easily (good to have spare) – no heat riser box – no apparent cracks, but after sand blast and resurface might be fine.

9) <span style="font-weight: bold">intake – assembly </span>– manifold, carter carburetor, throttle dashpot and linkages, fuel strainer bowl etc.

10) <span style="font-weight: bold">intake manifold</span>

11) <span style="font-weight: bold">Set of front fenders</span> - surface rust, heavy in some places but no rot. A few dents in places that can be fixed (not visible surface). Some paint visible in lots of places as well (only very light corrosion on outside here). Undercoating still on inside. Which 1950 models had the same fenders (obviously Roadmaster has longer ones). Are other models the same?

12) <span style="font-weight: bold">all steering related linkages</span>

13) <span style="font-weight: bold">Water pump</span> – use for core. Are new ones available?

14) <span style="font-weight: bold">Under seat heater core</span> – few fins bent but does not look rotted

15) <span style="font-weight: bold">A bunch of stainless trim</span> – probably ok after cleaning

16) <span style="font-weight: bold">4 drum assy with upper control arm and brake parts</span>

17) <span style="font-weight: bold">Battery box hold down/shield</span> – some corrosion but not heavy rust. – keep this because some cars have it missing?

18) <span style="font-weight: bold">1 set hood hinges</span> with connecting rods. – keep this because parts might be missing or rods bent (in future car that I don’t have yet)

19) <span style="font-weight: bold">Starter</span> – not too bad looking but surface rust. – includes solenoid

20) <span style="font-weight: bold">Generator</span> – rusty – looks like it could be completely restored.

21) <span style="font-weight: bold">Air intake assy</span> – some dents and rust in tubular part, rest is fine – mine is better.

22) <span style="font-weight: bold">Radio</span> – very rusty, chrome part that shows might be ok (clean it to find out).

23) <span style="font-weight: bold">Oil filter canister</span> – complete, some orange paint still visible on cover.

24) <span style="font-weight: bold">Brass Y fitting</span> for split in vacuum hose for wipers and cleaner. – can you just get a brass one brand new (I know that plastic ones are available).

25) <span style="font-weight: bold">anti-sway bar</span> – are new after market ones available?

26) <span style="font-weight: bold">Pulley</span> – surface rust

27) <span style="font-weight: bold">Fan with spacer</span> - rusty

28) <span style="font-weight: bold">Steering column</span> – still painted but some little surface corrosion pits in the paint.

29) <span style="font-weight: bold">Ring gear</span> – heavy surface corrosion but teeth are not chewed up.

Rebecca

Guest windjamer

DONT through anything away. Look on E-Bay,most every thing you list will be on there.Take the higest price per itam,cut it in half and you will have a FAIR price. Mark each item take them to a large car show and you should sell enough to get all your money back go to dinner and still put a buck in the piggy bank.

Take a picture of the whole mess and then copy your list from this post and put the whole thing on Ebay as pickup only. Somebody will be thrill to take it all just for the parts they need.

Ballpark Values

Ex manifold $200 and up (I am assuming special or super. Repros are around $700)

intake man $100 and up (they crack below carb)

core water pump $20 (not reproduced, must be rebuilt!)

Brass or die cast Y for wipers...hard to find

air cleaner assy $50 and up

This is based on parts I have seen selling in the past for a 50 buick

bill