Does anyone know what happened to Classicar.com?

Dave@Moon

classicar.com appears to have gone to that big internet dump in the sky. Too bad; they were the host to numerous marque clubs for both club sites and discussion forums that were brand specific. Although the "presentation" with pop-ups, garish colors, and an awkward discussion forum format were somewhat objectionable; the content was very informtive and enjoyable. I think what we're seeing is that the Internet business plan is too flaky to survive as many folks had originally envisioned it. <BR> Tom

peterg -<BR>Seems that this is a perfect opportunity to invite the marque clubs that had a DF on Classicar.com to become participating clubs on our AACA site. grin.gif" border="0

Hum... I suggested to the Plymouth Owner's Club powers that be that they move their discussion forum over here. (I like this format a lot better.) I had checked with PeterG and found that it was okay at this end. At the time their answer was that everyone knew where they were currently located and it would be a hassle to move.<P>I guess it is time to make another suggestion to them.<P>On a slightly tangential topic: If the AACA is hosting (lending support to) other clubs, should there be some sort of reimbursment? No necessarily monetary. Maybe some sort of acknowledgement.<P>And, finally: Is this discussion forum (and overall AACA site) funded by the AACA or is it being donated to the AACA by peterg and Co.? That might make a difference on how many club forums we could support....

First: The server itself is owned by the AACA but i provide the technical knowledge, and my company provides the bandwidth. Unless i get fired... smile.gif" border="0<P>Second: RECRUITE THOSE FORUMS FROM CLASSICAR.COM! The more we have here the better!<P>Peter

Did this site respond very slowly for anyone else. Everthing about it worked s-l-o-w-l-y for me. It could take up to a minute for a command to be processed.<BR> I will miss the place but not the frustration of waiting.<BR> R.I.P. grin.gif" border="0