Sign in to follow this  
Peter Gariepy

Car Fans... we are a funny group.

1. Antique or Classic OR Horseless Carriage -- OR 4 wheeler OR racer OR exotic OR import OR domestic OR motorcycles OR trucks OR sedans OR muscle cars OR convertibles OR Lowrider Or Kit Cars OR Commercial Vehicles OR Scooters OR mini/micro cars OR...

2. Restore OR Customize

3. Well Restored OR Over Restored OR Original

4. Drivers OR Trailer Queens

5. Hot Rod OR Rat Rod OR Custom

6. Cruise OR Tour

7. Club Member OR Loner

8. Do it yourself OR have it done

9. Anonymous OR Identified (in the forum) smile.gif

10. Judge OR do not judge

11. Swap Meets OR eBay OR Hemmings

Why can't we just all get along? smile.gif

(What I miss?)

Add:

1. Lowrider Or Kit Cars OR Commercial Vehicles OR Scooters OR mini/micro cars

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Peter Gariepy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(What I miss?)</div></div>

How about, judges or shows (some people with WAY too much energy and organizing skills do BOTH) crazy.gif, officers or members smile.gif , get it done folks grin.gifor complainers cry.gif, happy to get a third the first time out cool.gif and WHY DIDN'T I GET A FIRST, I ALWAYS GET FIRST AT LOCAL SHOWS? mad.gif

IT IS DUE TO THE PASSION OF US CAR FOLKS

NOTHING TO TAKE LIGHTLY OR SO WE THINK!!

REMEMBER THE OLD DAYS HEMMINGS HAD 2 LISTINGS

FORDS/NON FORDS...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stock_steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

"Provenance" OR "B.S." </div></div>

We need to find a bronze foundry and get that cast!

It looks as though you have covered all the bases Mr. Gariepy.

Would you really have it any other way? It may be a bit to boring then.

Besides, we can not create in our own image. Even if we wanted to.

Just started and abandoned OR started and finished?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: old gto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(how soon we forget....)

<span style="color: #3333FF">2 doors or 4 doors? </span> </div></div>

Thanks! Roadster vs Touring, Coupe Vs Roadster, 3Window vs 5Window, Hardtop vs. Post

"I saw this car for $300 changed the plugs on it and runs perfectly" vs "I saw this car for $300 changed the plugs,distributor,plug wires,coil,generator,wiring harness,fuel filter,carburator,fuel lines,ignition switch,battery,coil wire and still can't get this &^#%&@#!! to run".(speaking from experience)

Jeff Mealer

Mt. Juliet,TN.

I guess Roadster vs Touring would be applicable to the pre 50's era but past that, how about"

drop top(convertible) vs hardtop

Guys that have cars you walk by and don't even notice........UNTIL you find out they collect automobila or some other automotive items you have a true passion for.

Printed motto of the Veteran Car Club of Australia (Victorian Branch) is the Latin "dementia prodest". The approximate meaning is understood to be "You don't have to be mad, but it helps".

Ivan Saxton

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> "You don't have to be mad, but it helps".</div></div>

Ivan, that should be the motto for most of us on here. It would fit us perfectly, me included! grin.gif

The paper today said some guy in Harrisburg was arrested for embezzaling one million dollars. It said he used the money to buy and restore classic cars. Now that's funny.............Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bhigdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The paper today said some guy in Harrisburg was arrested for embezzaling one million dollars. It said he used the money to buy and restore classic cars. Now that's funny.............Bob </div></div>

I guess it's better than stealing classic cars.......