Dual early dual carburetor Edelbrock intake manifold for trade

I now have a dual carburetor Edelbrock intake manifold on the way for my 1948 Continental Coupe’s V12. The only problem that I can see is that it is for the earlier three-bolt flange carburetors. Does anyone know if Edelbrock made a dual carburetor four-stud base manifold? Does anyone have one that they would like to trade for a nice early carburetor manifold?

Failing that, does anyone know where I can get two three-bolt bottoms of the carburetors that I can swap out my two 1948 carburetor’s bases for.

I can purchase the adapter plates for the manifold but am concerned that there might be clearance problems with the hood. Thanks Harry

Harry; sorry I can't help with the Carb Bases, However If You Want to Part with the Intake I Would Certainly Like to purchase it From You .. What area of Germany Are you In ? Ispent a couple of Years In Heilbron .. Beautiful Country Then ,, Hope It's Not changed Too Much..

Sorry I am only interested in trading the manifold otherwise I will keep and do some carb base changing or use the adapters. I am based out of Mannheim and Heidelberg (I have an office in both places - I am a Government Relations Advsior for the Headquarters in Heidelberg), my AOR is all of SW Germany. I know Heilbronn very well as I used to be the S-3 for the 2/4 Infantry that protected the Pershing folks there and a few other area. Harry

Harry; thanks For your Reply, and I understand why You don't want to part with that Manifold .. They are Worth their weight in Gold ( Or Were Before Gold Went Up ).. I Was with The 4th AD when I was In Germany , the 46th Med Btn. I just Realized that was "FIFTY YEARS AGO"" Time Sure Flies when One is Having all This " So Called Fun " !!!!

The early Ford V8 website has many contacts listed for the carbs with the bases you need. They show up as rebuildable cores on e-bay frequently too. You should be able to snag them in rebuildable condition for $20-$30 if you are persistent. Use your uppers and the 3 hole flanged base can be re-bushed for a tight throttle plate shaft. I wouldn't be surprised if you could buy Stromberg 97s off the shelf, ready to go from one of the Flathead Hotrod vendors. (Some of Rolf's old buddies)

Hey Mike, your comments on the '37 sedan are right on, I agree 100%, however if Harry can get Holleys, to run right on a dual set-up, it would be a big plus, as they are much more trouble free, and correct for his '48, even if harder to jet down, of course he does need holley push to open 3 hole bases. My old boy stromberg guy is Mad Max, he ain't cheap, but he has some of these venerable old '97's that can be jetted to run superbly, just as Lee has in the engine posted earlier, a set of Ford Holley bases using his throttle shaft and plates out of his 4 hole bases is a very good option for Harry, but there are others, like the 3to4 hole adaptors available, and getting someone with a late 4 hole 2 jug manifold to trade for his 3 hole, and getting it all to fit under the hood of his '48 Connie, am I missing anything?? Here is another pic-

post-51946-143137972989_thumb.jpg

I have a 48 conv. coupe that I put an edelbrock 2x2 intake on about 3 years ago. I got the 3 to 4 bolt conversion spacers from speedway motors and used two stock 48 Lincoln carbs on it. it runs like normal until you put your foot in it then it goes like you would think a V12 should. I will post a picture when I find it or will have to go down to the other garage and take one. Everyone will tell you your vacuum will drop with multiple carbs but mine went from 18 to 21 hg, I played with jetting and using only one accelorator pump and ended up stock settings on both using both accel pumps, block off the rear vacuum port and modify a new vacuum line for the front one and you should be good.They make a big difference on the freeway when you want to pass someone.

post-33161-143137973357_thumb.jpg

Slick looking rig V-12, but your '48L has a lot more under hood clearance than Harry's '48 Continental, your performance report is just what every V-12 owner that wants a little more "oomph" wants to hear, and more carbs was the answer way back when my '40 club coupe surprised a lot of people in 1954, and by your experience they still do, I had a progressive linkage 3 jugger then, and the "hot" new Olds 88's were my meat, 20 year olds liked to street-race back then, now I guess the rice-burners still do, but I treasure my memories, here is a pic of my "sleeper", I am the tall guy on the right-

Much better Phil, thanks a lot, looks like I will have to re-name thousands of old pictures, but Jeff loves these grainy black and whites so much, I will just have to keep throwing them out there for Phil to fix, fun, fun-