OK,,I cannot believe this but I can't locate a supplier of the original color tan used on the top bows of my 41 Continental. Supposedly it is the same color Ford used but everyone must be keeping the supplier a secret. Anyone have an idea?

Thanks

Tom

Tom, Ditzler paint used to put out a booklet for early Ford colors, trim and body, hard to believe that was 30+ years ago, and of course in those days they were acrylic enamels and lacquers. As the paints have changed so radically since then it is doubtful they have re-formulated the old colors, and we all may be in the same boat as colorite, but there is always color matching, especially if you have a sample, and some times the hi-tech color analysers come up with something close, you have to have a flat sample for them to scan though, good luck, keep us updated to your solutions, a very common problem-

Guest imported_V12Bill

If the pre war cars were the same as the post war, then the color of the top bows is a "putty" color. I was able to sand down the Ford tan that was on my top bows and discovered a different shade of tan-gray-green. I found a VW color from a 1964 called Anamite The VW code is L568 and DuPont Centari code is 97712A. The rear window inside frame is painted Ford Tan. Hope this helps.

Thanks all for the assistance. I sent an e-mail to Lebaron Bonney yesterday and Elizabeth responded. She gave me the name of a guy in Michigan along with a phone number for a possible source, I'll let you know if he in fact has it. I bought my leather from Hirsch and never gave him a thought, I'll try there also.

I don't think there is much paint left on the back bow for a possible color match. It is all in the rafters still and I will pull it down in 10 days after I return from a trip to the sunny south for a break from this snow. This is going to be a vacation/ car trip. I'll spent some time with John Murphy in Ocala who has a very nice collection, then going to meet a new member here in Cocoa that recently bought a 41 Continental Convertible to restore.

Tom