Sign in to follow this  
Keith L.

Zephyr rubber

Hello all, have not posted in a long time.

Does anyone know if anyone makes replacement vent window rubber for '40 thru '48 Lincolns? Not Continentals.

Thanks

Kieth, I believe both Naragansett Repros and Herrel have that item, compare their prices-

IT TOOK ME A COUPLE SETS TO GET SOMETHING CLOSE FOR MY 40 ZEPHYR. NARASSGANSETT (ED / MIKI) ONLY HAD CONNIE STUF

WHEN I ORDERED MINE.....BE SURE TO DIFFERENTIATE AS THEY ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE .....

Keith I think I hsve a set,will take a jpg if is the same you can have them for half price.

ZMan

Who carries rubber for Zephyrs period! I am gonna be needing new rubber all the way around and would like to keep the chrome insert in my rubber if i could. Does any body re-pop or carry Zephyr rubber in stock?

Robert, Narragansett Reproductions in RI have the best rubber I think, that trim is not chrome but stainless steel, and it kinks very easily so be gentle with it-

Guest imported_V12Bill

If you mean the stainless trim around the windshield and rear window, that trim is attached to the pinch weld of the roof and inner support metal. Be VERY careful removing it as it will kink.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rolf Burdette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Robert, Narragansett Reproductions in RI have the best rubber I think, that trim is not chrome but stainless steel, and it kinks very easily so be gentle with it- </div></div>

Thank You much, I am going to look into these guys (Narragansett) but what about like Jeff b. says above that they only carry Connie stuff....Not Zephyr? Is this true?

I think Narragansett has expanded in to Z's as well as Connies on their rubber stuff, for heavens sake, call around and get some catalogs!!-

Bill U, that was a very generous offer you made to Short, but he seemed to have missed it, are you able to cut down some larger old style brake lining for riveted 12" shoes so it will fit H-L's?? I have a bunch of them, the shoes look the same, except they are much wider than the H's, '49 and up?? I have no idea, but I know you do, and Short, Bill also has a '40Z, not a connie-

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rolf Burdette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think Narragansett has expanded in to Z's as well as Connies on their rubber stuff, for heavens sake, call around and get some catalogs!!- </div></div>

Dude whats wrong with asking guys who know Zephyrs...where to get parts? I did say that i was going to look into Narragansett (meaning get a catalog) but only after you recomended them to me...why do i want to order a shelf full of Non Zephyr catalogs??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rolf Burdette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bill U, that was a very generous offer you made to Short, but he seemed to have missed it, are you able to cut down some larger old style brake lining for riveted 12" shoes so it will fit H-L's?? I have a bunch of them, the shoes look the same, except they are much wider than the H's, '49 and up?? I have no idea, but I know you do, and Short, Bill also has a '40Z, not a connie- </div></div>

Rolf, You had a bad day or what? I didn't miss the offer...Bill planely said that he tried to get a set of vent Rubbers from Narragansett and that they only had Connie ones which were completly different...and i apprecite him giving the heads up, I never said that he had a Connie...I know he has a 40 Zephyr, It's only in his user name! Chill out Man! I came on here to seek advice from guys who know more than i do.....but you don't have to act like you know it all. Like i said in the post, any and all help is appreciated. This is my first Zephyr and i am sorry for being ignorant about them....Give me a Break!

Hey man, you give me a break, go back and read this thread carefully, get a interpeter if you need one, Jeff said they didn't have Z rubbers at Narragansett a while back, I told you they have them now, Bill told Kieth he had an extra set of Z's he would sell him for 1/2 price, and neither Kieth or you responded, I give up, put a chevy engine in it and join a street rod site-

Zman, sorry to get back to you so late..went out of town. The reason I asked in the first place was to see how many vendors are out there selling vent window rubber for Zephyrs.

The last few years I have taken up the art of casting and each project I've tackled is a little more difficult than the last. This spring/ summer project will be vent rubber and '40/41 recast steering wheels. This being said, last year I produced and cast a Zephyr item not knowing a long-time club member was at the exact same time producing the exact same item. I would like to avoid that problem before I undertake this challenge. If there is interest I would like to share my progress through pictures and words of "how to cast" these two items.

Keith

Keith:

I for one, would love to see what you have recasted so far and IMHO it is no problem if more than one person offers an item. Some compatition will help keep our hobby affordable for all. Are you refering to the wing vents or the rear vent windows? I will need both sets in the near future. So, please post what you have and keep us posted on your progress.