reverb on a 1965 rivi

arnulfo de l.a.

thanks alot for the location on the reverb kevin.have you ever heard one of these work?how do they sound?im not big on exotic sound systems, the factory radio and speakers are good enough for me.i got the reverb cuz it seemed like a cool option to have but if its going to negatively impact the sound im getting now i may not go with it.the only music i need to hear on a regular basis is the roar of the engine when i step on the gas!again,thanks for the help.

The reverb switch is an on/off switch. Put it in, it is a cool option, and if you don't like it, turn it off; you'll be back to regular sound. In my way of thinking, a reverberator creates an audibel delay in the sound coming from the rear speaker as opposed to the front speaker. Sort of like "stereo for a monural radio" but there weren't different channels. You hear exactly the same thing but it likes a really quick echo. Personally, I think they're way cool.

Ed

I don't personally know of any place that could repair it if it needs it. If you type reverberator into the Google browser, there are a couple of links to the Chrylser Imperial website that deal with reverberators; perhaps your answer could be found there. Find a station that plays some tunes from the era and relive it. Enjoy,

Ed

Actually, Arnulfo, I thought your reply was funny!

If you look under your messages you will find a button called "Edit". You can use that to go back and fix any error you spot later, or to reword something if it did not come out quite how you meant it.

Guest Buicklover

Arnulfo,

Go to http://www.chip.com/buick/techtips/reverb.pdf to see wiring schematics & installation locations for the reverb system.

Scroll down thru until you see the Riviera section. I sure wish I could locate a reverb for my '65 Riv.

Hope this helps you out.

Sincerely,

Bill Renico

Grand Blanc, MI

BCA #12434

ROA #7997

BDE #22

1965 Riviera

1983 Riviera Convertible

Hey, Arnulfo,

To add to what Jim said, you can go into any thread you post and edit it, you don't even need to mark that it's been edited if you don't want. You can go in and fix your original post, THEN go to your correction and delete it. Others will think that Jim has been smokin' his sox if they read his comments and there's nothing wrong with yours. LOL

Then Jim goes in and deletes his and I wind up in the ????? category. confused.gif

Ed

Bill, a big thanks for the site explaining reverb installation.it was very easy to understand and answerd all my questions.Jim, im glad you got a laugh out of my writing blunder.the last thing i want to do is offend anyone,you guys are a great bunch of people,muy buena jente as i like to say.also,gracias to you and ed for the info on how to correct my mistakes.as you can probably tell,im new to this computer stuff.slowly but surely im getting the hang of it . arnulfo