Help needed again...T-Shirt design (AACA)

You all gave me a little confidence to try someone a bit new with one of our t-shirt designs last fall and it was a hit beyond my wildest imagination.

It is time to do something different and I am looking for some new ideas. Our designs usually take in different eras and different manufacturers since we are such an inclusive club. As such, producing a T-shirt with just Chevys, Fords, etc. does not really work.

I have two designs in mind but one is sort of odd ball that I want to get your take on. One of my brain cramps is to do a shirt with a bunch of unusual, rare...sort of oddity type of cars from the Reeves which is attached to Mark Zalutko's Thrif-t which has been in our magazine. Maybe 6 or so cars together. Is this a type of t-shirt you might want to buy? You have any better ideas? email me at aaca1@aaca.org If you have a suggestion that I end up using we will send you some shirts!

post-30866-143137971575_thumb.jpg

Peter, I am aware of outfits like that but they do not offer enough graphic arts help and my editor is already snowed with special projects from me. They rely on a completed artwork file.

It might still be worth getting a sample if I can get the artwork finalized but the t-shirts are already at our normal retail price. We usually place orders in multiples of 12 dozen.

The eight wheeler is definately odd but if you were to have a t-shirt of each of the photos, I'd buy the three wheeler.

Just a thought here, maybe Peter could make a "t-shirt design" forum that you could put photos of the different cars in seperate threads. if someone like that one, they "vote" for it with a reply with thier username (don't know if Peter could limit message size to something just large enough for usernames, and no attachements in thiat forum.) Like I said, just a thought (and a way of keeping from stuffing the ballot box).

1937hd45,

Your prayers have been answered...well, sort of.

1911_Kelsey_Motorette_X.jpg

This 1911 Kelsey is owned by the legendary Remy & Betty Baker of Liberty, SC, and housed in their <span style="font-style: italic">Old Schoolhouse Museum</span>. Despite their advanced age, they never let moss grow on their ever-changing collection of prewar (ONLY), unique vehicles. Three of these Motorettes were Non-Contestant participants in the 1911 Glidden Tour.

TG

There is an ad in Floyd Clymer's "Treasurery of Early American Automobiles" of the "OCTOAUTO". Pages 122 and 123.

And yes it is sold by M.O.Reeves, Columbus, Indiana.

grin.gif Dave!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steve Moskowitz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doug must have an eyesight problem...too much chocolate! </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As such, dong a T-shirt... </div></div>

I think he's just a good proofreader! grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Maybe 6 or so cars together. </div></div>

Perhaps you could use a few cars to make a theme. There's been a lot of kvetching lately about the future of the hobby due to fuel costs and environmental concerns. What if you illustrated a few "new" concepts using antique cars (i.e. a Baker/Detroit Electric, any circa 1914 cycle car, the aerodynamic record Stanley Steamer of 1906, etc.).

stanley_steamer_drawing.jpgstanley_steamer_steaming.jpg

Also a complete car might not always be called for. One of my favorite Britsh car T-Shirts is a simple drawing of an SU carb. One or several early drawings of components (suitably/subtly labeled) might be nice, such as a early diesel engine or supercharger design drawing. This could be done with an advanced concept theme by showing components that are thought to be new today, such as the Prius' starter/generator.

• 3 weeks later...