Original valve stem caps?

Guest dpannell

Guest dpannell

I thought I had read a post here that said the original valve stem caps were grey in color and hard to find.....For the life of me I cannot find that post in the search.

I believe I may have two of them from an 89' that i bought for its windshield. Anyone have specifics?

Thanks , Dave

Here is a photo of several "grey" valve caps.

the two on the right are the original design and color.

The Reatta judges have been very lenient and do not deduct if the caps are any color of grey.

The best source for grey caps is spare tires.

post-30596-143137971561_thumb.jpg

I remember what a good idea I thought it was to throw out those nasty old gray valve stem covers and get the cool chrome ones for the Buick Regionals in Lincolnshire.

My wife now has chrome valve stem covers on her Accord, and thanks to another owner I have replacements for the ones I threw out.

Guest steveskyhawk

I like the ones that indicate low pressure at a glance. Besides the original tires are unavailable so is it relavant what color your valve caps are if the tires happen to be Michilins? I'd rather be safe than original.

Guest Drake

Hello,

My wife has an H3 Hummer that came with silver gray valve stem caps ( plastic ). They might be acceptable as replacements for those of you with show cars. I called the Hummer dealer, and they said the caps were available. The part number is 15122620. The bad news is they are $7.86 each. I had a spare set, and put them on my Reatta. They look good with the stock wheels. Also, they look similar to the original caps in the picture Barney posted.

skyhawk......... from what I read about the indicating valve caps, they are only available in a couple of pressures (something like 32 and 35) that's fine if you run that pressure, but they are worthless for any other pressure.

Guest dpannell

Thanks for the picture...I do have two that are like the far right....and possibly one like the first one.

I might have one pretty decent original( an assumption) dark blue floor mat and plastic holder (cracked) with snaps too..... This will be of no use to me as mine is a 90 burgandy. I'd love to give it to someone who intends to keep it original....any takers? Dave