Power steering-'90

rrs814

Still getting my car together (struts/brakes/cat) etc. Drove my '90 SeVille last night for the first time in weeks and was reminded by this what power steering REALLY feels like. Or, am I wrong?? Dontchya think they should be somewhat similar? Do all Reattas steer significantly harder thar other GM's from same era? OK OK- it's not super tough to steer, just more work than other P/S cars I've driven. No, I will not frequent a gym!

I think the Reatta steers as nice as any car I've ever driven. I had to put in a new fluid cooler because mine rusted out. The pump howlled like a banchee but it didn't seem to hurt a thing and the car steers fine with new hoses and a new cooler. Power steering effort is like the sound of a stereo system. It's a matter of personal preference.

I too have a 90 and think that the compromise between road feel and effort is almost ideal. It is true that the wheel requires a little more of a tug to turn than some other American makes, but as a matter of taste, I prefer it to the "looser" feel of highly assisted steering. Certainly no real strain in parallel parking.