A REAL CRAFTSMANS Fishing Boat

Tom M

For Rick,

<span style="color: #6666CC">I know it not a Packard but thought Rick would like this one. If you like I can email the rest of the of pictures</span>

Estimated weight is 700 lbs The beam is 52'. The length is about 30' It can carry 2 persons. The model is powered by a 15 hp outboard engine under rear gun turret. It can sail 15 mph.

post-31137-143137971079_thumb.jpg

post-31137-143137971081_thumb.jpg

post-31137-143137971083_thumb.jpg

post-31137-143137971085_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_Speedster

Wow, That would be a Fun Boat!

30 Feet Long, That's Not a Model, I'd call it a Scale-Replica. grin.gif It doesn't appear to be modeled after an American ship, Do you know what Nationality it is?

Looks like it would be easy to Tip over, like a Canoe.

You would also need a specially designed trailer to get it to the lake.

Oops, guess I can't build one, it wouldn't fit in my Garage, or anywhere else for that matter. smirk.gif

Tom, where did you see it? I think I've seen pictures of it or one similar in a magazine, a long time ago.

Guest imported_Speedster

No need to do that, I'll Want to build one, and I don't have space for another large project, Thanks anyway.

Guest imported_Speedster

Since there's a thread on ship models, I thought i'd post some pics of my winter project, that I just completed (actually 2 winters).

It's a 50" long model of the Amerigo Vespucci. It's radio-controled and has a video-camera in the rear pilot-house, that can be viewed on a TV on shore. The hull separates below the top white line, for access to receiver, motor, battery, etc.

(The white areas down side of hull are Not wavey, like they appear in pics, reducing the size of pics caused that distortion)

post-33516-143137971087_thumb.jpg

post-33516-143137971093_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_Speedster

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Packin31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How fast does it cruise? </div></div>

Well, since I've only had it in the hot tub, to check the weight balance and test the camera, I haven't had a chance to check that. But hey, It' Not a Speedboat. smile.gif

I'll get it on the lake this spring and take some more pics of it on the water.

Can we all pray for my twins son. Just found out he needs a blood tranfusion.

Sorry for posting this here but you are all considered my great friends..

Thanks

Guest imported_Speedster

Thanks Ken, As is true with my Packards, I'm running our of space for my ship models, also.

But that won't be a problem for a while, since I Need to work on the other Packards that I've been Neglecting lately.

I noticed one needs to be repainted already. smirk.gif The one I painted before I found out about Epoxy-primer and I used cheap paint on it also, since it's a Streetrod made from leftover '37 Packard parts. Next time I'll take more time with the paint job prep, Since RetroRods are selling so well Now. grin.gif LOL

Guest imported_Speedster

Tom,

Very Sorry to hear about your Nephew.

Was he Poisoned or is it some more permanent problem?

Guys,

Thanks for the wishes. He (who just turned 17 in December) has Burkitt's lymphoma and has been on Chemotherapy Treatments for the last 2 months. They took him in today for checkup and his Hemoglobin Counts were down so they had to do a blood transfusion to bring his counts back up. As of now I have now heard back from my twin yet on how it went.

Thanks again all for the kind words and support. It makes me feel good...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Speedster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, That would be a Fun Boat!

30 Feet Long, That's Not a Model, I'd call it a Scale-Replica. grin.gif It doesn't appear to be modeled after an American ship, Do you know what Nationality it is?

.... </div></div>

Googled Graf Spee, as I thought it looked like the German WW2 Pocket Battleship of that name, and this is what I found:

http://www.kbismarck.com/models/model13.html

Guest imported_Speedster

Thanks, for the Link Info. The real GrafSpee and the Bismarck were beautiful ships, to bad they had to be Sunk.

I'm pretty sure that's the same one I saw before, but that was years ago (at least 5 years, probably more) ??? Because I remember the hat the guy driving is wearing. Two guys could have built similar boats but the chances of both of them having the same hat is fairly slim. wink.gif

I noticed he's not flying any German Swastika Flags, guess he was afraid to. wink.gif

post-33516-143137971451_thumb.jpg

Ron,

Thanks for the thoughts and Prays. And yes news is good. I have talk to him since and he is doing well considering what he is going through. He goes back in next week for his second to last treatment and also next week they we do all his scans to see if he will need anymore treatments. We are hoping all will be okay and he will only have one more after next week.

We have lost one person in our life’s already to cancer and that was our Mother (of 5 children) in 1993 to brain Cancer. She was only 49 years young. So when we got this news of my nephew well you know…..

Just a thought for all

“I will look to this day. Every day is a new beginning.”

Thanks all for letting me talk.....

Guest imported_Speedster

Yep, That's my Kinda Project, but as you saw when you were here, I just simply don't have space for another project. I tried doing plane and boat projects at airports and at Lake-storage, and that Doesn't work.

I would have to sell something, and I can't bring myself to Do that. wink.gif