Wood grain

Guest campolojr

Guest campolojr

Hello again to those that do look at my posts. I saw awhile back some wood grain trim for the crt and cassette. First, off was this an option they had or was this in the rivera. Second, does anyone have these trim pieces for sale I would really like them smile.gif it would make me happier to see that then black.

Guest Greg Ross

On the '88 it was necessary to cut and shape an opening for the 4 switch buttons at the front end of the console, each year may be nominally different. Should be 4 pieces in total, "Surround" for the Speedo cluster, panel to the right of the speedo cluster, a snap-in "surround" for the CRT/ cassette and the console top.

One question I have never asked is;

Is there a Riv Cassette Deck that has the woodgrain face on it as well?

Guest campolojr

Thanks guys Nice info Greg you got my question without asking it. And as for the cutting and shaping. Is the difference the same from the 90 to 89 trim would an 89 have the trunk/gas/lamp ret./fog buttons. Thanks again ~tim

The 90 model dash is completely different from the 89. The 88 and 89 are very much alike. The 89 only has controls for the fog lamps and lamp retract on the console. The 89 has a regular glove box latch/lock and the trunk/gas controls are inside the glove box.

Guest campolojr

Thanks Howard I saw a picture of a reatta with woodgrain trim on reatta.net and it said it was an 89 but the picture cuts off right before the buttons.

Guest campolojr

Thanks John your awsome, you saved me a trip to the junk yard. I was gonna go look today but I am lazy. Thanks for all replys on the thread I do appreciate you all.

Sorry I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about the faceplate of the cassette deck, not the trim piece. As you can see by the pictoral post the trim piece does come in the woodgrain. I think with a tan interior the woodgrain looks much better then the black.

I also think a black steering wheel also looks better with the tan interior. It matches better with the anstrument panel.

Guest campolojr

No problem Dave I do also like the black steering wheel I have a smaller diameter wheel which I like alot more really made an improvement in my opinion on problem is I dont like seeing the steering colom but all in all here it is you tell me what you think. Its a really dirty Reatta and needs alot of work but here she is. reattainteriorud4.jpg Here is an outside so you can see the American Racing rims also anybody know why my front bumber is like that. My dad hit somebody and the right side went down like that then I took it off to see what was going on and when I put it back together both sides are like that now. Just wondering if you knew of a quick fix. I can lift it up effortlessly so I was gonna drill a couple holes and rivit it up but I am gonna need a new bumper eventually after everything I need. And yes John I thank you for replying. My threads dont usually go to well with the crowd here. So I thank those of you who reply to my posts.

reattaexteriorin9.jpg