Sign in to follow this  

Engine stand for an H V12 - HELP

I AM GETTING PREPARED TO REMOVE THE ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION FROM MY'41 CABRIOLET . GEORGE TRICKETT USED TO SELL A BRACKET TO FIT A MODERN ENGINE STAND THAT BOLTED TO THE BLOCK AT THE EXHAUST. HE NO LONGER HAS THESE FOR SALE. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET SUCH A THING???

MIKE

I have had success with bell mounted stands, must be

obviously heavy duty. Big block chev is about as heavy...always made me nervous...but used with care....

I called Tricket dozen times in last couple years...he never had anything he advertised..He obviously quit business a while back...

kr wilson made the plate u seek..try posting on ford barn dot com...very nice group....they will help..

Guest imported_V12Bill

You could make one up from pipe and flat stock. Drill the holes in the appropriate spots and weld together and your in business. I have used conventional mounts on an engine stand, but you risk breaking the bell housing and ruining a machined block. If you had a macine shop make one up it shouldn't cost much more than $100 to $150. Much cheaper than a busted machined block. My engine stand takes a 2 1/8" pipe whereas a lot of engine stands take 2 1/2 " pipe. Georges mounts I believe took 2 1/2" pipe.

I recall Gerry Richman (spelling? the guy who does the terminal plate rebuilds) had some for sale at a swapmeet a couple years ago. You might try his listing in the club phone book. I believe he's in Massachusetts.

Great Pic Jeff, isn't that a puff of smoke in the rear, is it possible 12's smoked even when new?? Iron pistons and all. My Dad used to wear a hat like those guys are wearing, seemed really square then, but very cool now, hope you have one when you go cruising in your 06H-76-

LOOK AT THE FACT WORKERS CARS... NO STREAMLINED MACHINES TO BE SEEN.....AND I BET THAT DUDE WITH THE COOL HAT IS FREZING HIT NUTS OFF....JAN IN MICHIGAN!

And check the other guy in the picture... is he really in the back seat? or standing on the other side of the car, trying to look like he is in the back seat?

NO HE IS IN THE BACK..RIDIN TOP DOWN WITH A FEDORA....

DEARBORN IN THE LATE 30'S WAS A CLASSY PLACE!! NO JEANS

AND TEES ....

THIS IS A PHOTO PRINT OF ARCHIVES PHOTOS...

Yeah, that '37 stovebolt 3rd from the left looks really out of place, most everything else looks to be Ford, but what is that car on the far left of the pic?? Hudson, Caddy??-

Rolf, How about a '37 or '38 Olds? They mounted their tail lights up high on the side of the body and had that fairly wide split rear window.

THANK YOU CHARLES. NOW HOW DO I E-MAIL YOU?

You can use the standard engine stand other that you should modify the legs to extend at least 2 feet on either side so that when you are ready to flip it over it will not want to over center itself and drop. I have build my own stand and I am using a piece of angle iron and I am bolting it against the exaust manifold side and it is very strong and never had any problems.

Thanks

Frenchy