doors freze shut

Jim NotreDame IN

its winter here and we got about 6 inches of snow last night... my wife has dibs on the garage during the winter, so its cold to my reatta. my doors have started freezing shut, any advice? i think i read somewhere that if you have an aerosol silicone lubricant, you can rub that onto rubber seals to achieve something like that. any other products that you know of?

Move South, build another garage, get another wife. Not an easy choice I see no way out. That is why I like Nashville, I have a spare bedroom but I also have 2 cars, 2 vans, 1 truck and 3 trailers so that would mean you would have to leave your Reatta at home. See....... like I said, no way out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: juddev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

A better solution would be to move to Costa Rica and have the only Reatta in the country! </div></div>

Funny you should mention that! I am at the end of my three months in Costa Rica, and have not seen one Reatta yet. Actually, not even one Buick. I have missed my car. As crazy as the drivers are here, I don't think I would want a Reatta. cool.gif

303 products have come up on this board several times in the past so I checked out their web site.

I have not used any of the 303 products so I can't say if any of them work as advertised. While checking out their web site I found a product that may fit the bill for keeping the doors from freezing shut. It is a product to recondition wiper blades and, according to their hype:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And In Winter ...

SNOW AND ICE WILL NOT STICK TO TREATED BLADES!

And wiper blades conditioned with 303 Wiper Treatment will not freeze to the windshield overnight. - A winter must.

</div></div>

It may be possible to use this on the door seals to keep them from freezing to the glass and painted parts of the door frame.

Their web site offers a free sample kit of some of their products.(must include $5.00 for shipping) Of them, the wiper treatment is included.

I just mailed them a check for $5.00. We shall see, what we can see upon the kits arrival.

I don't know, but with the price of gas it might be cheaper to get a new wife.

What I did when I was working and leaving the house every morning at 6AM was use a hair dryer. My pickup was always in a carport but the doors and locks would still freeze tight. The hair dryer only took a minute and I didn't bother with the passenger door.

I later found an article about all the uses of WD-40. I started using this on the door seals and locks and never had a freeze problem since. I still have the same pickup but don't even get out of bed that early anymore.

Dan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MauiWowee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: juddev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

A better solution would be to move to Costa Rica and have the only Reatta in the country! </div></div>

Funny you should mention that! I am at the end of my three months in Costa Rica, and have not seen one Reatta yet. Actually, not even one Buick. I have missed my car. As crazy as the drivers are here, I don't think I would want a Reatta. cool.gif </div></div>

I spent 3 weeks in Costa Rica in January/feb. San Jose: Del rey hotel (culture Shock)

Manual Antonio, Jaco beach, Montezuma,

Tamerindo and the best beach of the trip: Playa Flamingo,

6-7 foot waves for body surfing and no real undertow.

Next year 1 month there! I drove a daihatsu terios and it wasnt too bad for $300 a week

daihatsu_terios2006_070_530.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MauiWowee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vasoline is a petroleum product. It should not be used with most rubber products. At least that's what the condom manufacturers say. cool.gif </div></div>

nonoxyl 9 is a water based lubricant. does spermicide have any effect on weather seals?