Would anyone be interested?

Guest ChopShopCustoms

Guest ChopShopCustoms

If I hold an Open house at my shop to show some of the stuff thats been going on? I am tossing around some dates in April, but wanted to see how much interest there would be first...

I am outside of Boston.

Could be fun. One of our local hot rod shops had an open house recently that was a great time for everyone. Jesse's Rod Shop has done a lot of body/paint work for us purists. His credentials include AACA National award winning 58 Chevy convert, a Yenko Nova, numerous Packards, 55-7 Chevys, a couple of Model Ts and our MG. Among the cars in his shop we had the chance to check progress on the chassis of a 1917 Studebaker. I guess with a name like "chop shop" you might run the risk of getting a few protesters outside the front gate, but hey, even they have appetites so free food should help make peace. Wish Mass were an easier drive from Va. We'd probably have a good group from our AACA region here.

Terry

It could be a lot of fun, but it will be a lot of work on your part. If the goal is to get future business that could work well. I worked at a restoration shop years ago and it would take a week just to get everything cleaned up and ready for inspection. As Terry stated the line between Rods & Restorations is getting a bit blurred these days, Good -Great body work is were you get it. If your stocker is getting a killer paint job sitting next to a wacked '50 Merc so what. You're only 3 hours away from me.

Guest ChopShopCustoms

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1937hd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It could be a lot of fun, but it will be a lot of work on your part. If the goal is to get future business that could work well. I worked at a restoration shop years ago and it would take a week just to get everything cleaned up and ready for inspection. As Terry stated the line between Rods & Restorations is getting a bit blurred these days, Good -Great body work is were you get it. If your stocker is getting a killer paint job sitting next to a wacked '50 Merc so what. You're only 3 hours away from me. </div></div>

<span style="font-style: italic">

I have lots going on that is both stock restos and modified and custom so Im hoping peole may want to stop on by and just see some cool car stuff- if it got me some work Im cool with that too. I know I always like to see whats going on out there.. laugh.gif

Sounds like I need to work on a date then...</span>