New Guy

Guest low'n slow

Guest low'n slow

I'm new to the forum. I got my 63 in July. It seems well optioned with air, cruise, rear defrost, power windows and vents. Rear door latch, power antenna, trunk release, limited slip tag on the rear end.

I replaced the glove box liner Saturday and found an electrical component underneath it. It consisted of 2 tubes and some other stuff. It had 4 wires to it that had been cut. Is this part of a wonder bar system?

My car has an old ROA sticker in the rear window so I'm sure some you may know the vehicle. I bought on ebay. It was rustier than represented, but for an east coast car it wasn't too bad. It came from Boston, but spent time in South Carolina.

It came with a whole bunch of receipts for work. The 401 has been rebuilt.

Guest Gee_Rydes

Doug,

On a 65', there is a control unit for the Guide-matic system in that location.

Some of our 63' experts may know better than I.

Do you have this option?

Guide-matic is the electronic eye that controls the high/low beam function of your headlights automatically. The cars that were equipped with guide-matic have a torpedo shaped device sitting in the middle of the dash. The "power" trunk release is simply a vacuum pump that is in the glove box. It's like a huge syringe with a vacuum line on the end of it; pull the plunger back, create a vacuum, and whoosh, the trunk opens.

Ed

Guest low'n slow

The guide-matic could have been a option, but is not there currently. The dash has been covered with black vinyl. I can feel the cracks in the original dash underneath it.

If there would have been a guide-matic installed, there would be two 1/4" - 3/8" sized holes where the studs for mounting the guide-matic and a larger one for the wiring that would have gone through the dash. Unless they were filled, chances are you could feel them through the cover.