Where to find Serial Number on 26 Tudor

aacalifeer

Tomorrow I will be picking up the title to my recent barn find 1926 T Sedan. In preparation of going to the local license registrar I'm trying to find the Serial Number on the car. Can anyone point me in the right direction ? This title I will receive to take to the registrar ought to cause a stir as it is a 1943 Title ! The executor of the estate was worried about not having an odometer statement. When I told him that was OK, because a speedo and odometer were optional back then ona Ford he was dazed and amazed. The adventure continues.

Lift the front floorboards - on 26 & 27 T's Ford had stamped the RH frame rail just about where the passengers feet would be. You might have to scuff the area with sandpaper for it to show up. If your car is very original this number will match the motor number which is located under the coilbox on an embossed area above the water inlet. If these numbers do not match you should use the frame number as the Registry usually prefers it.

Good to hear we helped. I saw your original post and think that you found a sweet looking car to work on. I've got a 26 Fordor sedan that I've just finished after several years of going thru. The most daunting task was the interior, but I was able to do it myself using a kit from Mac's --- and with a little help from another club member to get me started on it. Good luck with it! Mark