new member with a volvo

volvopv

Hello All! I am a new member. I just joined a week ago. I live in western NC. I own a 1965 Volvo PV544. That is the one that looks a 1946-48 Ford 2 door sedan. It is a nice, stock, ex California car. I have already registered it for the meet in April at the Auto Fair in Charlotte, NC. I joined because Volvo related shows in the southeast are few and far in between. Most of the other car shows and clubs seem to be geared towards modified cars. While I enjoy those too, my car really doesn't fit in there. I prefer stock/original cars of all makes. Are there any other vintage Volvo owners in the club?

I forgot to mention that my daily driver is a 1988 240 wagon. It has 280,000 miles. It has the original paint and engine. I did replace the the M47 5 speed transmission 2 years ago. It is driven 500 miles a week. It's hard to believe that it will too, be an antique in only 5 years!

Bob, My '83 only has 180000 miles so is barely broken in. It's the most reliable and trouble free car of the 30 odd cars that I have ever owned although I rebuilt the carb and replaced fuel pump about 3 years ago. Other than that and oil changes and brake pads I haven't done anything in about 6 years. I just bought an '89 240GL for $300 that has 300000 miles on it and for a $200 in parts it's back on the road.

I drive my '73 142 to work every day.

Cheap parts, distributor caps and rotors available at almost every gas station.

Drove it for a couple of days without oil, a ticking sound from the valves was the only complaint. (bolts to oilpan needed to be tightened laugh.gif )

Compression is almost zero, last time i changed the points i adjusted them with one hand and rotated the fan pulley with the other..

Perhaps it's time for a service, but it run almost flawless.

/ Jimmy from Gothenburg, Sweden