Who has been watching this estate collection on eBay?

Studemax

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1934-CHRY...tem120221186511

I used to work for the fellow who owned this stuff, he was a dreamer and had no mechanical skills at all.

There are lots of NOS parts and accessories not pictured, and many of the cars are mis-identified.

I expect the hot rodders to snap up all the Ford bodies rusting in the field, but anything from under the roof can probably be restored.

Who plans on bidding?

Holy Waa--this guy must have thought he was going to live to be 400 years old. He liked Rustangs and Steadybreakers, that much is clear, and Fords. Gee just think, If he had taken all of the money it took to get all of those "relics" and put it into two cars, those two cars could have been pretty good. The '34 Airflow looks like a lot of it is there, do you know more about it?

All the green Mustangs belonged to his late wife - that was what she liked. He also belonged to the Model A club, the Antique Chevy club, and the Studebaker Drivers club.

He never told me exactly what he had in the barn, and it was so full of crap you couldn't get to all of it. He mentioned the Airflow once, but not the '36 Ford.

Somewhere in there is the parts to turn a Model T into a tracked snowmobile, also a Model B motor with an aluminum head and dual carbs. He didn't know it was a Ford until I told him.

Since he was extremely forgetful, and color blind - he was setting stuff down or losing it all the time. A fellow with a metal detector could find loads of stuff outside - tools, parts, etc.

I counted 78 cars once, but I guess he had more stashed in the back 40 and was acquiring more right up to his passing.

He had lots of opportunities to sell this stuff off, but he was convinced he could finish all of it. Like I say, a total dreamer.

Problem is he wants to sell all in one auction, which is not realistic. It will never get a bid, evilbay will reap hundreds in insertion fees, and he will get tired of paying the person putting it on ebay, or not pay that person at all.

A live auction would be a lot of fun, but few people are buying project cars these days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BJM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Problem is he wants to sell all in one auction, which is not realistic. It will never get a bid, evilbay will reap hundreds in insertion fees </div></div>

If you bothered to read all the text of the auction page, in red it says, "If this does not sell as a group we will sell everything separately on eBay starting March 2nd".

The auctioneer has been "floating" these pages to stir up interest - and it has. The internet has been buzzing about this huge lot of "new iron" coming to the market.

The hot rodders want the Fords, the Stude bunch wants the cars for parts or restoration, plus all the NOS parts (like the headlight bar in the box), and so on!

I went to retrieve my '52 Commander on Monday - the auctioneer KNEW for 10 days what day we would be coming.

Not only was my Stude surrounded by dead John Deeres, but he had made a huge mudhole around the cars pulling out autos with a tractor while it rained!

He still hasn't identified the autos properly, and forget about the parts, accessories, and tools. There is no way this guy will get enough money for the estate.

I'm pretty mad right now, as I needed the money from selling my car. I don't know how long I have to wait.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, folks - the seller is listing this stuff separately now.

I suggest you save the seller under your "favorite sellers" so you can check for what you wanted.

The Mustang is already gotten high bids, over 50 Stude club members are watching the convertible Lark.

The '36 Ford sedan, and a Model A roadster is listed too.

Start bidding, folks!

Here's the link to the Chrysler Airflow.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chrysler-...25685QQtcZphoto