Trying to make a wesbite of my collection

Guest Johnpaul Ragusa

Guest Johnpaul Ragusa

I want some real opinions. I'm not a web designer by any stretch but I always get people asking to see a car so I thought I would use a website I bought a while back as a showcase.

Check it out and give me candid feedback please. I really want candid feedback.

www.worldseries.jp

Guest Johnpaul Ragusa

I bought the domain name a while back and I pay $75 for a year to have it hosted. Then I used Microsoft frontpage to make the site. Pretty easy but simple

Those are some fantastic cars, but I think you could use better pictures of the cars. They are on par with the type of pictures someone would take if they were trying to sell their car on ebay.

They are beautiful cars and the pictures should reflect that. Seeing them in a mechanics garage (Lincoln), empty parking lot ('59 300, Buick), etc. just isn't that exciting and detracts from the beauty of the automobiles.

I'm not a pro photographer, but I have taken several photography courses and have won some amateur awards for my photography. There are two main things that photographers consider when shooting a subject. Composition and lighting. Have you heard of "The Rule of Thirds" or sometimes referred to as "Magic Thirds?" It would be worth looking into.

Have you thought about shooting the cars at a park or in front of a period home or building? Several of the towns where I live have restored train stations...you could try shooting the woody wagon in front of one, or perhaps an old brick warehouse/factory from the 20's.

Lighting is the other thing I think your pictures could use. The lighting in the shoot of the 55 Lincoln is pretty poor inside the garage. You have a lot of flash bounce back from the dash shots. Try taking it outdoors and shooting in good natural light. And by all means use a tripod.

I cant wait so see more pictures!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnpaul Ragusa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought the domain name a while back and I pay $75 for a year to have it hosted. Then I used Microsoft frontpage to make the site. Pretty easy but simple </div></div>

I also use MS Front Page to maintain my web site.

I pay $40/year to have my site hosted which includes 5GB of Space, 250GB of Transfer, 500 email accounts, 10 MySQL Databases, 50 email forwards, forums/blogs/photos.

My web site currently takes up over 500MB of space and is comprised of approximately 6,000 pages and over 10,000 images so my web host account fits my needs.

The web host also sells a variety of other services including VERY INEXPENSIVE Domain Names.

Best of all, my host does a very good job of keeping the servers up and running. I have experienced very little down time over the last 3 years.

I am coming up to the end of my original contract period and have found that the pricing will be the same for me for the next 3 years. Nice to see that not everything is going up in price these days.