AACA Eastern National Meet - Room needed

Guest CT Mark

Guest CT Mark

First post. smile.gif

I'm trying to line things up for my first AACA show in Cumberland in May. Made a phone call to the host hotel and they are booked. frown.gif Not only that, the backup to the host hotel (Holiday Inn) is booked. cry.gif I wouldn't have expected that 90 days before the show! Must be a popular venue.

If anyone has a reservation they don't need, please e-mail me at 4stner@charter.net

Thanks!

Mark, I just ran into the same problem yesterday, but put my name on the waiting list anyway.

Now, I'm not advertising anything or anyone, but here's what I just did. I called the hotel at Cumberland Md (Holiday Inn), as you said they were booked. So, I went to the 3rd choice in Frostburg. The fellow at the counter said there were two events in that area that night, so room rates would be $200.00 each night! crazy.gif

I finally did the smart thing. I just now e-mailed <span style="font-weight: bold">travelocity</span> and got a rate of $65.00 each night before taxes. This was a small town called Lavale just north of Cumberland, Md. The motel looks very nice. I can drive a long ways for $135.00! smile.gif

Try Travelocity.com, you'll like it. wink.gif

Wayne

Almost a month ago I called the host hotel and they were booked solid on the nights I wanted.

I spoke to the Holiday Inn in Cumberland last week. The rooms allocated to AACA @ $99/night were booked.

They did mention they had a few other rooms but the rate on them was $179/night.

With hotel rooms at $150-$200/night gas prices do not seem as bad at $3 gallon. grin.gif

FYI, it appears that that some of the hotels in the area will not allow you to book a room for less than 2 night's stay.

Be sure to ask about any special requirements they might have. There does appear to be a few hotels that are booking rooms in the $60-$80/night range.

As of now, it looks like I might be staying at a friend's place about an hour away.

Good reason for a visit with them and hopefully they can come with me so I can introduce them to an AACA event.

Guest leadfoot

There are several lodging options besides Rocky Gap Resort and the Holiday Inn. Go to the host region's webpage http://local.aaca.org/queencity/2008_Show/index.htm for infor about the meet including a list of motels - Choice, Best Western, and Super 8, which are in LaVale right off of I-68. Be aware that none of these motels will likely let you park a trailer. Queen City Region has made arrangements for trailer parking at Rocky Gap for $10.

Guest CT Mark

Thanks for all the input. I ended up with a room at the Comfort Inn. They said they should be able to find a spot for my truck & trailer. If not, is the Rocky Gap $10 trailer parking available to everyone? Will they have 24 hour security?

Thanks!

Guest leadfoot

According to the QC Region info, the Rocky Gap trailer parking is $10 for all show participants and covers the time period Wednesday thorugh the show. The security will probably be better than anything you can get in the back lot of any motel.

Guest CT Mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: leadfoot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The security will probably be better than anything you can get in the back lot of any motel. </div></div>

In the hotel, at least the trailer will be hooked up to my truck! But your point is well taken. Thanks for the research!