mechanic search in Pennsylvania

I'm about to take a trip thru Pennsylvania , Hagerstown to Rt 30, across 30 to Breezewood ,and on to Pittsburgh. I'm taking my newly purchased 1938 Buick sedan. Does anyone know of a good antique car mechanic or repair shop in this general area in case I might need help? Thanks, ronb@patriot.net <LI>null

Ron: I cannot help you. Sorry. But, I came up with an idea to help all AACA members in the future.<P>After the Moline Grand National, I plan to accelerate the project. I plan to submit the concept to National. Currently, it would be a "Way Side Help Booklet". It would consist of, say, 3 volunteers within 30 miles of a point on the highway that a member could at least get good information to help, a volunteer could offer to put the members car up for the night, a volunteer could offer hotel info, and, so on.<P>Again, I see a need for this and will be working on a draft to National to see how they feel about it.<P>Best regards, Peter J. grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

Sounds like a good idea. I think that 30 mile radius with three volunteers may need some geographical adjustment. In a lot of the west 250 mile radius might be needed.<P>I still bet you could get people to volunteer to help cover that much area. Your response time might be a bit slower is all...

Great idea! Glad to hear you are doing the Lincoln highway trek - thats one of the neatest stretches! We just had Bob Lichtey come visit Tidewater Region for a talk on the Lincoln Highway, lots of history there and a super back road. Be sure to watch for the old ship hotel ruins. I did this route going out to the Johnstown PA meet recently and it nearly took me an entire extra day due to having my car continually going off the road and pulling up in front of all the wonderful antique shops along the way. Maybe they've restocked their automobilia selection by now! Enjoy!<BR>Terry