Found Something Really Cool in My '48!

I was cleaning and looking at things in depth on my Lincoln and dreaming of restoring it someday, and in the arm rest flap, I found the original sticker for the window from the dealership, this is the registration sticker (from before you get the plates) It looks really cool! Anyone find anything in their Continental? I also found the original order sheet up behind the dashboard panel in my 78 MKV.

About fourteen years ago I bought my wife a 1973 Olds (she still drive it!) and under the carpet, under the seat I found the build sheet.

The best find, however, was in a 1950 Chevy p.u. I was rewiring the truck and could not get the wire to the dome light up the inside of the windshield post.

I used a coat hanger to fish out a petrified apple core, a rolled up 1956 calendar from a garage in Winsolw, Arizona, a hand written sheet lising service to the truck between 1956 and 1958, and a five dollar bill!

When I was restoring my '66 Mustang, I pulled up the original carpet and there was a small handtool set in a leather pouch. I imagine some guy back in Late '65 was looking for it after putting it down "somewhere" wink.gif

When I removed the old original carpet under the dash on my '46 I found a brand new trunk key in an envelope. I was working on a '41 trunk handle for a friend of mine at the time and he didn't have a key for it...you guessed it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1948Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was cleaning and looking at things in depth on my Lincoln and dreaming of restoring it someday, and in the arm rest flap, I found the original sticker for the window from the dealership, this is the registration sticker (from before you get the plates) It looks really cool! </div></div>

Wes

Could you attach a picture of what that looks like. I'm real interested in seeing it.

Thanks.

While loading the interior of my 41 Continental Cabrolet to drop off at the upholstery shop, I noticed some writeing in pencil on the back side of the right rear interior panel.

It was beautiful flowing script of the name of the lady that did that piece, "Anne" Kinda neat.

Tom

Never know what you might find. My 56 Country Sedan was leaking water from the rear quarter after washing. Took of the upholstery and found a bag full of speed nuts! Some one at the factory hadn't installed his quota, and hid the evidence, eventually blocking the drain and making a rust hole from inside. Somewhere there are some 56's with missing speed nuts.

Abe