New to Model T's - See Barn ( garage ) find under Me and My car

aacalifeer

So when you frist moved it did you let the ebreak off A cople of clicks.All the way forward puts it in high gear A colple of clicks puts it in nutural.If you let it off A cople of clicks it would make me think the break band and or the cluch pack is sticking on the drum in the tranny.It has been sitting for A number of yrs without moving, could be A posability. If you had it all the way forward it most likey would have been hard to push unless you hoked up to it to pulled it. that might turn the motor over but if it was slick like it looks in the pics (snow and ice)and the motor was tight from sitting It would have slid arooud with out turning the motor over you might not have A problem at all. Eather way for what ever reason the plantary gears in the rear end where working and for whatever reason the pinion gear wasn,t turning. Hope I got that all right.Hopefully someone will corrcet me if I mixed it all up.Anyway great looking T dos'nt look all run down have fun with it.

I had to rebuild my engine last year, when it was done I had another member of our local T club over for dinner and we towed the sedan around the block twice to break everything in a little (about 3.5 miles total), and loosen the new bearings up. We did this with the gas off at no more than 20 mph and I "ran" the engine in both low and high gear to make sure it all was worked a little bit. After the tow we gave it some gas and hit the starter button and I was able to drive it back into the garage under her own steam. Possiblly your car is just a little stiff from sitting and needs simmilar loosening up. Try getting in touch with someone in a local T club who has some mechanical knowledge and see if you can sucker him into helping - it only cost me a steak dinner with two good friends...