Should I Buy a 89

slender

Hello folks,<BR>New to all this but love the car. I drove a red 89 today and it was sweet. I know a lot of changes were made in 90 and 91..Should I lay for that or is the 89 fine. It has 85k on it.<BR>Good shape overall. Is the computer screen really a drag and problematic..What should I know before I go jumping the diving board.HELP!<BR>price is 5400.00<BR>slender

There is nothing wrong with an '88 or '89 Reatta, in fact many people like them better because they have the "gee-whiz" CRT display.<P>One of the advantages of the CRT is the entertainment value while you are waiting on your wife. Also the diagnostic are easier to read on the CRT<P>$5400 is in the ballpark for a car with 85k miles. I would always offer them less, but if it is really nice, there are lots of good miles remaining in the car.

Guest EDBS0

I have found that bookends (first or last year) are popular for any collectible car and even though I have an 89 I would rather have a bookend.<P>My 2ctz

Guest wally888

I have owned two 89's and two 91's.<BR>Sold 3, have 91 left. <BR> I liked the 89's better than 91's except for the brake issues.<BR> One 89 I sold for $56k had 86k miles and was in excellent shape. Also had new tires. new Tranny Fluid, Brakes new and flushed, etc. Dealers will lower their price a lot!

Slender,<BR> I just bought an 89'Coupe with 97,000 miles, this past saturday, from a small dealer - I paid $5800, including Tax, Title, Tag and a 6month Warranty thru N.A.D.N. (National Automobile Dealer Network) - I also purchased an additional 2year extended warranty thru the same company for $450, It's supposed to cover the Timing chain, gears, Timing Belt, Cam..I figured the $450 was worth it. My 'baby' is in excellent shape, and with all the technical advise I read here from everyone, I had no hesitation feeling confident with my purchase..The CRT is alot of fun, everyone sez "They had that WAY back then?" It's a joy to drive, but I'm going to baby her and take her out only when it's nice - it's not my everyday car..Go ahead, take the plunge! All these Reatta people wouldn't steer you in the wrong direction! Enjoy!

Guest EDBS0

Wally; I pay 40% commissions in $US also.<P>Klasicfan; You know the question...so just how big is the gold brick? grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0