Flint..any cheese heads going?

Guest Tammy

I have 3 different things going on that weekend and should be at all three frown.gif I might just have to toss a coin..and then toss it again crazy.gif)

I would probably be coming alone, as my other half would be so bored around cars.

I was asking the Cheeseheads to see how many in Wisconsin would be going. As I would probably be going alone. Then to ask what the best route would be. Just trying to help make up my mind. You guys know everybody is included....unless you a drive something other than a GM...LOL

Hey hopefully there will be people from all over the country at the Buick National at Flint. The nationals are always a good time. The Reatta div always gets togather and have a good time, getting to know some of the folks on this discussion group. If you dont belong to the BCA and the Reatta div., do so now and lets all get togather in Flint. It will be a good show for sure. Any body going thru the middle of the country lets try to caravan. It will be a 2 day drive from Kanasa, and there is already 4 Buicks hoping to get togather in the KC area. Hard to wait till warmer weather but spring is just around the corner. Some body up north needs to shoot that groundhog.

If you're going to Flint, just be careful when you get there. We made the trip with a group from Mpls., like 25 years ago and had the greatest time. A really great route is to travel east through Wisc. on any of the very nice east/west routes to Manitowoc, the cars go on the ferry, you relax above decks, enjoy the views of the Big lake and land in Ludnington Mich., then straight on to Flint. You avoid Chicago, and save some gas and tolls.

Check out www.ssbadger.com, you'll be surprised at the rates!

Jim Too

Well, Viking, you'll probably want to skip the ferry then wouldn't you? Just a suggestion for some people who may want to do something different. Sorry it doesn't add up for you. Another thought for those going from West to East across Wisconsin, drive through Chicago one way or both, take a boat trip one way. Again Viking, sorry it doesn't fit your plans, maybe someone else may be interested.

Jim Too

Guest Dan Cook

You are right about shooting that groundhog. I don't need 6 more weeks of all this white crap. I can't get to the back yard anymore so I took from inside today.

post-52981-143137965797_thumb.jpg

I'm probably going to go for an overnighter. I went to the Nats in Rochester for two days. One day too long for me. The SS Badger works best of you are north of Wausau. I'm near Madison and it is more cost effective to go around the big lake. There is a faster ferry out of Milwaukee that costs even more.

Driving through or even around Chicago doesn't thrill me. And if a person makes this trip into a vacation, then the ferry ride would be nice. It's nice to do that just once. But I am still planning, flipping that coin frown.gif

Here are some tips on how to drive around Chicago.

First: Never ever take the expressway into the city.

Second: Take the tollway around the city.

Third: Never travel during rush hours.

Fourth: Early AM is the best time.

fifth: Bring one with you.

It really is not dificult to traverse Chicago.

One thing... THere will always be Construction.....

I will be in Flint for sure as it is only about 4 hours. For now it will be the Lesabre T-Type being driven down but there is a chance my 88 Reatta will get there too. Will be nice to ditch the Expedition for a trip down. These cars will both be better on gas than that anyways. Canadians are allowed to go right?

Guest Dan Cook

I haven't been in Chicago since 1967. Didn't have a car back then so I took a train everywhere. I went to Tehcumseh, Michigan once to see where my grandpa was born.

I sure would like to go to Flint this year but due to my wife's health I will probably have to wait for Colorado in '09. Definately planning on that.

There are a couple of West Coast events that I plan to attend this year, so maybe I'll meet some of you then.

Dan

Guest Dan Cook

Watch out Wisconsin. Unless you have satelite and get the West Coast stations you probably haven't seen the commercials.

California cheese with talking cows and bulls. "Happy Cows Come From California".

Guest Dan Cook

Thought I might get a rise out of some of you in Wisconsin. I had a good kid with a bad temper who worked for me on the ship we were on out of Japan in 1975. He came from a dairy farm in WI. I believe his last name was Will and I think the place he was from was Law something.

Just passing time.

Dan