Need headlight switch for '89 Reatta

Dick & Carolyn

The headlight switches can be a problem on the '89 Reattas. There are several things that can go wrong. Sometimes when shutting off the headlights the parking lights will stay on and you have to hit the off switch harder to get them off. Another problem is the small background lights on the other switches do not come on and this is due to a faulty headlight switch module. The slider for the dimming of the interior lights can also be a problem. I often purchase these switches in junk yards and have found only about one in six or eight will be in good working condition. You can sometimes find them on Ebay but that is the one part I would recommend not buying on Ebay because they are so prone to having problems.

I do have a good working as well as appearing switch module as well as most any other part for a Reatta and can be reached at jfinn@cpinternet.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dick & Carolyn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The headlight switch is temperamental and shorts out on high beam. We are having difficulty finding a replacement part. Help! </div></div>

I see you guys are new here and I would like to be one of the first to say, <span style="font-weight: bold">Welcome!</span>

You will find many people here that are knowledgeable on the Buick Reatta. Most people who frequent this forum are willing to help you any way they possibly can to keep your Reatta in top shape. If there is anything you need don't be afraid to ask. I'm sure someone will be willing to help.

Jim Finn is a good source for used parts when you need them.

You will find a lot of tips here on how to maintain your Reatta.