e, Need Some Help!!

Hi everyone, I am trying to find the script holes on a welded up 1948 Continental spare tire hubcap. I was hoping one of you Connie guys might have one around with the script off, so a paper template could be made over the whole 9" center section with the 3 holes for the script punched in the paper so I could apply it and drill the holes in to the welded up cap, any help greatly appreciated, rolf@got.net I could guess, that is what the guy before me did, but welding up those holes takes some expertise and cash, I am doing my best to get it right-

Well thank you, the problem is that there is a script in fairly small letters saying "LINCOLN CONTINENTAL" across the upper part of the hubcap that goes on the spare tire of a Connie. It is held on with 3 little tabs cast in to the script and held on with speed nuts, that are some times hard to get off without breaking the tabs or more accurately studs. My problem is to get the correct position of those 3 holes on the cap I have prepared, The front caps have a larger "LINCOLN" script held on with 6 studs, and it is gold in color, I am always in the market for '36-'48 hubcaps, so if you would like to sell them, contact me off line, I will pay a fair price, straighten, polish and paint them, and re-sell them for a modest gain. A good job for one who can barely walk, as I can sit on my butt and pound away until the neighbors complain-

Guest imported_V12Bill

Rolf,

I may have a spare hubcap laying around the garage if I can find it. I can trace the center section and the holes and send it to you. I don't understand why you have a hubcap that has the holes "welded" up. Do you mean you have a rear plain hubcap with no holes?

Bill, you have no idea of the adventures I have had since you got me started on hubcaps a few years ago, I got this welded one in a load of assorted caps, and have promised a friend I would try to save it for him, I found a welder who had welded thin stainless for 20 years as a job, and he did a fantastic job, no warps and perfect blends, so now with your help, I can get the 3 script holes drilled in the right places, and be off to whatever comes next, thank you so much, I have some strange postwar stuff around here, a windshield washer jar metal frame, and a bunch of strange related buttons and stuff, would you have any use for stuff like that??-

• 2 weeks later...