16V Maserati TC motor powered project

89TC-16V

It's not really the space, its the flange. It doesn't match up to any kind of 'modern' turbo. So the flange can be cut off and a Garrett style flange welded up. But then the angle is way wrong for any Garrett to sit there.Been there, tried that mad.gif Even the WRX/STI stuff (also IHI turbos like stock) have a different mount flange (triangular) and need some spacing to mock up properly. A modified STI turbo is the best bet, short of changing the whole manifold IMO.

Alan

SO how many bolt is the flange? is it a ford style flange(4bolt rectangle, a square or something different? the manifold looks like a tbi style manifold, if thats the case, i might be able to either cut the flange off that one and put the right one on or do something about a different header. I didnt expect it to be a chrysler flange, but everything i have anyways is a T3 or ford style flange and basically clocking it the right angle usually works to make things fit better if i had the correct flange welded onto it.

IHI flange is just different than all the rest you have dealt with. Like you said, you can cut it off and weld on another flange (I have one like that but it's at another local TC guy's house, cant find the pics) but then the turbo faces 45 degrees down instead of 90 degrees back like 8V and TIII. Shown next to a TIII housing for comparison.

Alan

PS resizing pics on this forum is challenging for some reason frown.gif

I give up, I added the pics three times, they won't attach for some reason mad.gif

post-33234-143137965139_thumb.jpg