To Sell or Not to Sell?

Howard

I was approached today by someone who wanted to buy my Reatta. They offered $3000. They claimed to have the money on them at the time. The person had a 1990 which matched color for color my 1989 and said they wanted a twin. I told them I would think about it. Out of all the cars I've owned over the years, hands down, my Reatta has been my favorite. However, since that latter part of 2005 the car has had several problems. Even now, there is an issue with very poor gas mileage and a on again, off again 02 sensor code that can't seem to be sloved. As of yesterday evening, the car started to run poorly along with all the other issues. Have any of you been faced with the wrenching decision to sell a good friend for what seems to be a fair price? I'm really don't know what I should do. My car, while it does have over 157,000 miles still looks good with no rust or dents. The interior looks to have about 50,000 miles. Even the floor mats still have the R logo intact. I'm not certain I could replace my car for another Reatta in like shape with less mileage for $3000. At least I know what I've done to my car. Any thoughts?

Guest alex_houston

Sell or not depends on whether the car is serving it's purpose to you. O2 sensor, etc are just fun challenges. Everyone needs a project to keep from going crazy. Reattas have turned into a daily challenge to me and I seem to keep getting more and more of them.

If you despize the challenges of a 20 year old car, and the car is not serving it's purpose for you, then that seems a fair price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barney Eaton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm thinking.....no brainer

$3000 offer for a 157,000 mile car is a take the money and run.

Then buy the 47K car in Sarasota for $3995 </div></div>

I agree, whole-heartedly, Howard. We bought our 1st Reatta, (Bambi-Killer), with 148,000 miles for @$2000. And we love her dearly, but $3k says she goes bye-bye, and I'm back on the hunt for another.

Guest steveskyhawk

Sell the car. You now have the advantage of knowing exactly what you are looking for and what is valueable. Now you can choose year, color, coupe or rag top, sunroof and milage. Get a 91 and Teves will only be the Elephant Man's doctor!