1982-1985 Riv Convertible Web Site and Registry

BicentennialEldo

To all Buick Riviera Convertible afficionados’

I am doing research for the creation of a Web Site and Registry for the 1982-1985 Buick Riviera Convertible. It will include the history, facts, details of conception and design as well as a Registry for these exclusive automobiles.

I own a 1985 Buick Riviera Turbo Convertible and a Buick GNX, both of which, Buick Motor Division, in conjunction with ASC produced.

I am looking for any contacts within ASC or persons who may have worked at ASC or Buick during this time frame. Also, any history, conceptual drawings, photographs, assembly line work photos, product brochures, print ads, and most anything related to this model from the ASC Company.

I have acquired the domain address of;

www.rivieraconvertible.com

for this new web site and registry and will model it after my other web site and registry for the

1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Eldorado Bicentennial Convertible;

www.bicentennialeldorado.com

When convenient, please review the above site for a comparison of what I am creating for the 1982-1985 Riviera Convertible's.

I hope to hear from you in the near future on this subject Web Site and Registry. All submissions of usable information and or contacts will be credited within the web site.

Thank you for your time on this matter.

Sincerely;

Lewis H. Schwartz

2060 Fisher Trail NE

Atlanta, GA 30345

404-634-2630

LHS36@aol.com

ROA#9789

CLC#21703

• 4 weeks later...

Lewis,

Send me a PM with an email address that I can use to forward some info from my 84 convertible. I've since sold it, but I have a decoded trunk sticker and can send you some pictures of it. I made a couple of modifications to it that I think were somewhat appealing. I'm sure that the new owner will see this as well and send something to you.

Ed

Lewis,

It's hard to tell by looking at your website what you're most interested in; Riviera convertibles or only turbo convertibles. It looks like you're asking for info on all convertibles in some instances then only turbo cars in other instances.

I sent John Hellmuth all the info on the car (thought I'd included it originally, DUH on me.) I'll let him send it to you, it's his car now.

I did some VIN number research on the convertibles and except for the number 67 in all the VIN numbers, there was not any difference in the VIN's for the coupes or convertibles. There was no separate numbering sequence or system for convertibles, they were coupes pulled from the assembly line and modified by ASC. I understand that ASC changed hands/name some time ago, and although they're doing the type of business, there are no records from the past on theses cars.

Let me know if you'd like the email address of a lady in CA who was asking me $$$ info on a car she had for sale a couple of years ago. I don't know whether she still has it or if she sold it.

Ed

• 3 months later...
  • 8 years later...
Guest cch204

HI Lewis,

We have a 1981 Buick Riviera. Purchased in 2005 with 35,000 original miles. Complete power top and fully lined roof. Original tires from 1979.

Originally out of Ohio, but purchased from a (Slimy) dealer off eBay in Pittsburgh PA. 

Glad I found your registry!

Craig -

Front 1981 Riv.jpg

Profile 81' Riv.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Craig

Have you had any luck with this website and Lewis? It seems that it is all quiet on the Western Front?

I have two Riviera Convertibles and would like to see the work which Lewis did, which is fantastic and needs to be continued. It would be a shame to lose this data and information.

Any comments from the forum would be appreciated.

Regards

John

BCA # 46404

ROA # 14353

Edited by Johnny Buick (see edit history)