Pet Peeves

Rolf

Jeff, I know you take issue with some of the LZOC items, 1e: Dave Cole, west coast cars, customisers etc, but I have one about the slow loading times on pictures on this forum, surely there is enough technology today to require less than the time it now takes, we could practically go to OK to see Dave's beautiful car faster than the pic comes up!! But it is OK, just the ability to have the pics, no matter how slow is great-

I use Adobe Photoshop to resize my pictures. Thanks for the link to http://www.photsize.com. I'm sure that will improve download time, especially for me on my antiquated dial-up line.

You have gone from one extreme to the other on these two photos. The first one had an image size ot 1600x1200 pixels. VERY large. The second one downloaded much faster, but is a little on the small side at only 350x262 pixels.

I have found that a 640x480 pixel size will download fast enough and still provide adequate resolution. By all means, always use .jpg files and try to avoid attaching bitmap (.bmp) files.

Thanks for the photos, you have a beautiful car! If only my '41 Zephyr project car looked that good. Maybe someday....

the car had push buttons when i bought it. i think they were original to the car but i dont know if they were a dealer installed accessory. the car was built in december 1940. the doors dont have the kicker springs. i sometimes see these pushbutton on ebay,

'41's with pushbuttons had kickers, pull out handles did not, so it would appear they were an extra, as the kickers were a big deal to retrofit, and were probally not done at the dealers- Dave you are probally right, your smaller pic came right up-