Excellent Judy, and thanks to Bruce Wheeler, editor of our Rummage Box.

Every AACA Region/Chapter should have a use for the Rummage Box, as it has very useful material to share with your Region's members.

Thanks again Guys!

Wayne

• 1 month later...

Hint of the Day:

When you paste the Rummage Box article into whatever software package you are using - like Publisher, Word, Adobe, etc - do not use the Paste function or CTRL V. If you do the article will be pasted into your newsletter with all the formatting that is attached for web viewing. You will have some reformatting to do in order to use the article. Instead, go to EDIT and choose PASTE SPECIAL. A dialog box will open that will present you with a list of choices and each software package is different. Try several until you figure out which one is the one that you want. In Publisher, I use UNFORMATTED TEXT. Then all I have to do is choose what STYLE I want to apply and with the click of a button the article is pasted in and ready to go.

Hope this tip helps someone. smile.gif

Been knowing Judy six(6) years and she just tells me this. eek.gifgrin.gif

Judy, I've been doing it the old fashioned way. I paste it in Word, then reformat it before I recut and repaste into Publisher. Sometimes, the paragraphs don't come out exactly right, but it doesn't take me long to get it straightened out. Anything's better than retyping the article. frown.gif

Now, I'll go try your way.

Wayne

Wayne,

I can't tell you everything at once or you wouldn't talk to me. wink.gif I still have a few items in my bag of tricks.

Doing it the PASTE SPECIAL way removes all formatting before importing the text so all you have to do is apply the style of choice. With one touch of a button, it is all done for you. You do use the STYLES feature in Publisher don't you - or is that the next lesson.

Judy,

Have never used the styles feature. confused.gif

I'm a down and dirty editor. Type it, make it look half way presentable, then move on. Life's too short to sweat the details! crazy.gifsmile.gif

I'll try your "paste special" and get back to you.

Wayne

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Oh Mighty Warrior Priestess, I have tried your secret pasting special formula. It works to perfection. I am awaiting your next special anointment to me. I feel so fortunate to have your look shine upon my face. grin.gif</div></div>

OK Judy, as you can tell, it's never too late to teach an old <span style="font-weight: bold">dog</span> new tricks. :)(tail wagging!)

For everyone else, I once asked Judy, "How in the world did you figure out how to do that?"

Her reply? "I played with it!" confused.gifblush.gif

That's the great thing about this forum. If you don't know the answer, ask the question, or better yet use the search feature first, as sometimes the answer is already posted here.

Thanks Judy! You've just saved me 15-20 more minutes of time for next month's newsletter. wink.gif

Wayne

+

+

+

blush.gifblush.gif

Glad it worked for you! Let's see - a 15-minute savings X 12 newsletters/year equates to a savings of 3 hours per year. What are you going to do with the extra time?

I have been using Publisher since version 1 - I guess that is about 10+ years. I use it for all of the Region's needs so I guess I have learned a few tricks along the way. Glad to share.

I will see if I can't write something up on STYLES this weekend, which should save you even more time. smile.gif

Actually, that would be pretty cool to have a series of 'hints' for newsletter & website editors. Would have helped me tremendously when I first took over doing our newsletter, and scary thing is how much I'm still learning about the program I'm using.

My husband thinks I've lost what little is left of my mind when I 'discover' an easier way to do something while working on the newsletter - says the laughing & babbling freaks him out! ( crazy.gifcan't imagine why! He ought to be used to it by now)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> says the laughing & babbling freaks him out!</div></div>

whistle.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Dawn, that's the same reaction I get from Gloria with both the newsletter and with the hilarious things we post on these very forums. Hey, if I can't have fun engaging in work and play, you may as well plant me now, and save me the life of boredom. eek.gifsmile.gif

Wayne