Riviera Concept Pics from Detroit 1/20/08

BUICK RACER

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: my3buicks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very interesting to see the red white and blue tri-shield again instead of the current non-colored one. </div></div>

Ditto...really seems to dress it up a bit, in my eyes at least.

Guest Reatta1

B.H., I share your feelings on this. I just can't envision calling that thing a Riviera. I never owned one of the 63-65 models but I did own a 68 and a couple 71's. When the 'Boattails' first came out I had a negative reaction but the style grew on me. I can't ever see this new 'concept' stytle doing that. I much prefer the new Wildcat pictured below.

post-31448-143137964049_thumb.jpg

Guest my3buicks

I think it appears to be a vehicle very attune with todays market in this segment. Sure, we would like to see a retro Riv, but I doubt the buyers they are looking at would even know what an old Riv looks like. I like it, edgy, sharp, modern, looks like a Lexus trouncer.

That Wildcat shown in an earlier post is not a concept made by Buick. It is a photochop done by some GM fans over at GMInsidenews.com. A while back they did a bunch of photochops showing what they thought Buick should make and this Wildcat was one of them. So, unfortunately it is not going into production any time soon.

Guest Reatta1

Page, I don't know about any 'photochoping'. The info I have is that this Wildcat was shown at the auto show in China and will be a production model in 09 and if my info is correct will be produced in China.

Guest Reatta1

Well, 2 seat or 4 seat, if it isn't outrageously priced, I would seriously consider getting one. I think it's a great looking design. Enough 'retro' styling to make it a classy looking Buick. smile.gif